Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello to the Group

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hamguy73

hamguy73

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hi,

I go by the name "hamguy73" first of all because I have been a ham radio operator for over 50 years and the "73" is used with  Morse Code at the end of a message and it means "Best Regards".

I am on this site because I read about it in Consumer's Reports as a help in removing/eliminating virus's and malware from computers.

Lately I have been plauged by either malware and/or virus's and I am interested in removing them. I just removed a program that somehow got installed on my computer that would cause a window to open up advertizing several Player's like Media and FLV Player every time I clicked on a link on the web. It was lyric somethng, and when I uninstalled it. suddenly I had control of my computer again. Still have one problem that it didn't clear up in that I can't right click on the desktop and go to "New" and open a folder. That "folder" isn't listed anymore as an option, but I will try and find the proper forum to list that problem in.

Anyway, nice to be here, lets face it at my age iit's nice to be anywhere.

hamguy73

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

Welcome aboard!

#3 hamguy73

hamguy73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Thank you very much, GB2064, I see you got to read my post before it disappeared.

hamguy73

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users