Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer beeping and stuck on starting windows screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 omalleym

omalleym

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my computer.

Whenever I try to start up my computer now, I hear a beeping sound when it gets to the starting windows screen. The logo on the windows screen does not appear and it seems to be stuck there.

When I shut down the computer and try to repair, the system still beeps, but it seems to get through the repair system after half an hour, says nothing is wrong, and then I was able to get onto my computer.

I have tried searching and some of the results were something is wrong with my BIOS (but I have never touched it so I don't think that could be the problem), my graphics driver is not displaying correctly(which I am able to see everything when it fails the repair so I think it is fine), or something happened on a windows update(which is what I am checking now).

I am kinda stummped as to what the problem could be. If you guys have any sugesstions as to what I can do to fix the problem, that would be great!

thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 omalleym

omalleym
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

Also meant stuck, not start on starting operating system :P

Edited by hamluis, 08 September 2013 - 01:38 PM.
Corrected title - Hamluis.

#3 bertiemae

bertiemae

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

I had a similar problem with the beeping noise but not being stuck.  I took out each memory stick and re-installed it and blew out all the dust and that fixed my problem with the beeping.  Don't know if that is your problem but you might try that until someone comes along and has a better solution.

granny

#4 omalleym

omalleym
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

well it is a laptop, so that would be hard to do unfortunatly, but thanks for the advice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users