Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Realtek HD Audio Manager missing from Device Manager & Advanced Tab Missing from

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mirageonweb

mirageonweb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

I have a HP Pavilion dv6707us Entertainment Notebook PC. I was using Home Premium 32 bit Vista but I did a clean installation with Home Premium 64 Vista. I downloaded and installed all the drivers from HP’s site for 64 Vista. After clean installation I am facing the following problems. 1.     Realtek HD Audio Manager is missing from Device Manager. 2.     Advanced tab is missing from BIOS. 3.     CD/DVD drive is not reading media. Ø   Installed the latest Realtek driver. Its showing in control panel. But not showing in device manager. When I checked in Device Manager sound, video and game controllers only conexant audio is there realtek is missing from there. Ø   Now I am unable to use my external mic and internal mic volume is very low. Ø  Looked into few forums there I found I need to enable my on board audio in BIOS but when I checked into my BIOS there is no ADVANCED TAB . My system details are :-

Operating System        :           Windows  Vista Home Premium SP 1 64bit

Ram                             :           2 GB RAM 

Graphics                      :           Nvidia GeForce Go 7150

System Model              :          MCP67

System Type                :          x64 Based PC

Processor                    :           AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK-57 dual-core processor 1.90GH

BIOS Version               :           F.32

SMBIOS Version          :           2.4

Please please please help me…….

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

Did you allow HP to scan for missing drivers?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3648475

If your BIOS is missing a routine HP section...I'd start thinking "CMOS/RTC battery".

Loois

#3 mirageonweb

mirageonweb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

Thanks Mr Loois for your quick response. BIOS Is not missing from my laptop.

I am able to go to BIOS page but there ADVANCED TAB is missing. I need to 

access the ADVANCED TAB to enable on board audio because so taht i can use

realtek audio manager. To use my external mic i need realtek please help me.:(

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

The settings for the BIOS...are retained in a chip...from boot to boot.

When those setttings change (seemingly) on their own...or the BIOS does not reflect what it should...a failing CMOS battery is often the cause.

Hence my comment about replacing the CMOS battery.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users