Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL | PLEASE HELP!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brett12345

brett12345

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

Hey, Recently within the last few months my computer of 2 years of which i use for gaming has been blue screening at random intervals but ONLY when in a game of any sort, This has completely puzzled me and is extremely frustrating. The driver of which is causing this is called "portcls.sys". I have no idea what is going on with this and this is so annoying. I only have driver discs for my graphics card and mother board both of which are up to date, i suspect the soundcard is causing this which is some random C-media pci audio card the shop put in for me since i did not want onboard sound. I will attach the text file from bluescreen review and also my system specs. If anyone could please help me out with a solution on how to fix this that would be greatly appreciated !.Attached File  bluescreen.txt   1.77KB   1 downloadsAttached File  DxDiag.txt   28.02KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

:welcome: to the Bleeping Computer.

To troubleshoot a BSOD issue, we need the actual crash dump files written by Windows and a record of event log errors. Please follow the below steps.

:step1: Upload the crash dump files.

You can find the crash dump files inside C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy all the files located in that folder and zip them to a single file. Disable the "User Account Control" if you encounter a permission error. We need at least a minimum of three dumps to find a pattern. Attach the zipped dump with the next reply. If the file size is larger than 512KB, upload the zipped dumps to a free file hosting site and post the download link to it.

Example file hosting sites :

:step2: A Speccy snapshot.

"Speccy" is a free tool which is used to create a report about your system. It will list the make and model of hardware components as well as installed Windows updates, HDD SMART status etc. Please read instructions from the below link and post the web link created by "Speccy" in next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

:step3: Minitoolbox report.

"Minitoolbox" can list all the installed programs as well as event log errors in your system. Download "Minitoolbox" from the below link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

-List last 10 Event viewer errors
    -List installed programs
    -List devices
    -List users, partition and memory size

Now click "Go" and post the output in next reply

#3 brett12345

brett12345
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:59 AM

Hey, Here are the things you have requested:

Speccy Snapshot : http://speccy.piriform.com/results/yoUZzfcOOpQjtUjpohFokSo

Minidumps : http://www.sendspace.com/file/qvvf79

Minitoolbox report : http://www.sendspace.com/file/6ojwgy

Please help !

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

Hi

Your issue seems to be caused by cmudax3.sys which is the sound driver file of C-Media audio device. The driver installed for this device is historically old and not compatible with Windows 7.

Loaded symbol image file: cmudax3.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\cmudax3.sys
    Image name: cmudax3.sys
    Timestamp:        Fri Jul 06 14:40:16 2007 (468E06F8)

According to the official spec of your motherboard, it came with 6 channel high quality sound card. I wonder why did you opt a cheap quality PCI card when you already have a better sound solution ?.

Please remove the PCI sound card and uninstall it's drivers completely from the system. Your issue will be solved.

#5 brett12345

brett12345
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

Thankyou, now with uninstalling it, The shop did it for me so I am not sure on if my onboard soundcard has been disabled or not. I think it has been as I have 2 areas (one of which was connected to the motherboard) and the other area which is connected to my soundcard.
How do i go about re enabling my onboard sound card or will it automatically revert to it after unplugging the PCI soundcard ?
Thanks

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

Hi

The on-board sound device might be disabled in BIOS. Please try the below steps.

:step1: Remove the PCI sound card and uninstall it's driver and related software completely.

:step2: Enter BIOS setup by pressing DEL key during power on. Go to Integrated Peripherals menu and set HD Audio Controller to Enabled. Press F10 to save and exit.

:step3: Once you boot in to Windows, it will found and install High definition audio controller. Now download and install the below driver.

http://www.msi.com/service/download/driver-19696.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users