Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire 4738Z screen or LCD backlight or inverter not working properly!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jeffhubert

jeffhubert

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Yesterday I just cleaned my laptop back lcd with an cloth with a spray of isopropyl alcohol..then when I'm opened my laptop the screen is very very dull but the fans are working I can hear them moving and I can see a little bit color on the lcd ...then when I put a flaslight at the top of the screen or flash the screen with the light I've seen windows is loading screen is very dull..I know this could be a faulty inverter or backlight..I've been searching on google what I read is to remove the ram and put it back...I also drained my bios by removing the battery of the laptop and pressing the power button up to 60 second but no luck it didn't work,the screen is black and dull..the laptop warranty is expired so I don't want to pay for it to be repaired..forums said that I have to tap the bottom of the screen but my mom won't let me do it and he even won't me let open the laptop case to see the ram ...I'm not a technician but I just want my laptop to be working with the backlight...my mom is so angry becauuse I broked the laptop..any suggestions or solutions to fix my problem??

I appreciate it...thanks!!
I just want my laptop to be repaired without paying..
I'm using my mom's cellphone with wifi to post this problem in here..all I know that this forum is all about computer..so plss help me!! Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 08 September 2013 - 09:10 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

I tried updating my bios but didn't worked well..flippin the laptop didn't worked well

#3 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

jeffhubert

Did you spray the alcohol on the screen?

If you did, and it ran down inside the edges, you could have damaged the screen.

When cleaning an LCD, you should only dampen the microfiber cloth, and not the screen itself.

I know this does not solve your problem, but it may give you a clue about what might have caused it.

#4 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

No mate I just cleaned only the back of the screen with an cloth with a an isopropyl alcohol..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users