Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can No Longer Browse To Web Site

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bobh

bobh

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:28 PM

Hi. Looking for some help finding out why my computer will no longer browse to www.americanexpress.com

I have gone to this site many times in the past and recently I cannot connect to it. I can get there from another computer, but not from this one. It must be blocked someplace, but I can't figure out where.

Help!

Thanks,
bob101

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:01 PM

Have you changed or added anything lately, like a new firewall, changed brwosers?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:24 PM

Hmmm nice looking site. Ok let's go and see if we can get you browsing. Let's get rid of those temp internet files. Go to Control Panel, then Internet Options, then under the General Tab get rid of those temp internet files and also the cookies and the History you can clear them to.

After this exit out of all of this and reboot the computer.

When it reboots try your internet connection again.

We will also need some system specs like processor; Ram etc and make and model of your computer would be nice.

Also do you shut down your computer when you are finished with it? This also is important that you do shut down at least once a day and reboot, it refreshes the whole computer and makes it easier to work with.

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:07 PM

This is common with some antivirus programs and oddly, D-Link routers. One way to check for a router problem is to temporarily take the router out of the loop - hook the PC directly to the modem.

Otherwise, you could try adding the site to your trusted zone.

Sometimes, when removing malware, Norton or other AV will be no longer able to access secure sites.

Here, you'll find a list of things to check.

#5 bobh

bobh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:22 PM

OK, I think it's working again. As painful as it is to delete the cookies and the temp internet files, it looks like it did the trick. I had to tyry to remember my user name and password to get back on this site to post the reply. Oh well, it needed a refresh anyway.
Thanks for the help!
bobh
:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users