Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

android OS UI is not working (rooted Galaxy S4)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stockski1

stockski1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

I rooted my Galaxy S4 and things worked great. I then installed an app to manage the root. while working with the root manager I hit something that I should not have. The phone boots but I get the message that the UI is not working. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get it to work. backup file are gone, resetting to factory specs does not help the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

I'm unfamiliar with rooting the S4, but I have rooted my Nexus 7 and am running cyanogenmod 10.1.3. The first time I attempted it the tablet got stuck in a boot loop and the easiest way to solve it was to wipe the SD card and re-flash the rom. Since the root manager removed something crucial I'm not sure you'll be able to fix it without re-flashing whichever rom that was installed. I can't give you specific steps or advice I'd search through XDA for something like this: 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2265477. 

If you can follow through their tutorials you should be able to flash the stock rom that came with your S4, overwriting whatever your rom manager messed up, and basically start over. If you know how to root your device then you should be able to follow along fine, but please be careful. It would also be a good idea to drop in on the xda forums see what they think. Good luck stockski.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users