Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Worm:Win32/Viking.NA (perhaps more)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 davidolson255

davidolson255

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Originally discovered symptoms 2 weeks ago when my wifes laptop (Toshiba Satellite L870 Series, Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit purchased 1 year ago) could not access our Network Drive (Seagate Backup Plus Desktop Drive [seagate software is not installed as i dont backup my drives with it. Its only used as a storage for our data]), which is connected by USB on my Desktop PC (Dell Inspiron 560, Windows XP Pro Performance Edition, SP 3, 32 bit). I checked my computer to see if i could access the drive and i could, but noticed all the folders had their attributes changed to Hidden and the option to change it was greyed out.

I disconnected the network drive and plugged it into the laptop, was able to then take ownership of a folder (could only do 1 folder at a time). This only allowed us to see the folder, it kept the greyed out hidden attribute. Next, i updated both my pc and the laptop with latest definitions of Norton 360. Norton or Symantac didnt find anything on either system that was wrong. Since i work as a VB6 programmer, i wrote a quick program to allowed me to change the attributes. To my shock, it was giving me access denied messages (and im always logged in as local administrator). Thinking maybe i missed something in my program, i tried using atttrib commands at DOS prompt, which sometimes gave me access denied and sometimes it just didnt change without error.

After a few days went by, i desperately needed to get some stuff from my network drive, so i tried the laptop again and had lost the ability to bring up Control Panel, from start menu. Tried in Dos with control command, but got very generic error message. I went to see if the folders still showed hidden, but couldnt bring up Windows Explorer either. Found that i could open notepad from command prompt and click open from menu to search through folders and files that way, but would get error if i tried to exceute any exe files. Luckily i was still able to use Process Explorer, so i spent about an entire day watching the processes, seeing files open by themself, then those files getting hooked and then moved. I found their destination way deep in a roaming profile setting, which was set to system and hidden as attributes. It finally sunk in that i had a virus and that this was beyond my experience.

i hired a computer tech to remote to the laptop and fix the problems. He installed AVG, Malwarebytes, SuperSpyware. AVG picked up on some threats but nothing Major really. After watching the tech do that first scan, i noticed the AVG files getting hooked and moved just like the system files. I was losing hope and so was that tech. He said he isnt going to be able to fix it and returned payment to me. Since my pc wasnt as locked up as the laptop, i decided to just format my drive on the pc and start fresh. But it couldnt have been more than 10 minutes of completing the last windows update that i saw the virus on my pc again, already (if it ever left). Tried doing a low level format on my pc and reinstall my OS, yesterday, but today, im seeing signs of it in the registery and other folders. Before i put my pc on my network, i disabled remote assistance, terminal services, all that stuff. The only things running on my network are Sony Playstation (only used for watching Netflix), 3 routers (1 for xfinity home security [connect from cable modem to belkin router] 1 for LAN [Belkin connected from xfinity router to my wifi router] and 1 for wifi which is setup as an access point [Netgear connected to Belkin by a long network cable travelling to the upper floor of my house]. We both have iPhones connected to the wifi router and an iPadMini.

Ive been trying to diagnose the issues so long, or it seems to me anyways. I use LogMeIn to connect my my home to work computer from time to time and found some virus there that kept redirecting my chrome browser and settings. Not 100% sure it has all the same symptoms as my home though. I ran combofix at work and it fixed the redirects, but worried i still have it at work. Im not sure what to do with my home pc and laptop. On my home pc, in the registry, i found that the svcHost service for netsvcs has a parameter call to a file called 6to4. I did a search on that file (i can only do searches on m ipad because of redirects) and it came up with Win32/Viking. I read the notes and it sounds right to me, although, i think there is more than just that happening. Im to the point where im more than willing to pay for assistance. I dont mind formatting my oc or laptop, but i MUST save the data on my network drive.

Im going to keep pc and laptop off the network until i find a decent solution or explanation on how i still have this thing after many formats including a low level format which took almost an entire day to complete.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

Welcome aboard p22002758.gif

p22002970.gif Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.

• Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
  • Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.
NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.

p22002970.gif Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.
  • Make sure the following options are checked:
    • Internet Services
    • Windows Firewall
    • System Restore
    • Security Center/Action Center
    • Windows Update
    • Windows Defender
    • Other Services
  • Press "Scan".
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

p22002970.gif Please download MiniToolBox and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size

Click Go and post the result.

p22002970.gif Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/ to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Be sure to restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

p22002970.gifDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.
  • Unzip downloaded file.
  • Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
  • Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
  • DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.
  • When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt

p22002970.gif Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.
There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.

rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/
iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/

• Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • Do not reboot until instructed.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.

If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.

When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.
Post it in your next reply.

NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.

NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 davidolson255

davidolson255
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Broni,

Thank you for the reply. Im very anxious to try your suggested methods, however, im getting redirected whenever i try to click on this topic from my PC. The only way i can see this is from either my iphone or ipad, of which im starting to feel a bit unsure if these devices can be infected with this virus or not. Ive heard many people say that ios is safe, but i think im noticing some screen flicker when i use Chrome as my browser. Regardless, can you recommend a suggestion for how i can get the downloads? Ive tried using the downloads page on your website, but it just shows up blank or fake version. I downloaded one fake combofix earlier today, but deleted it after verifing the version. It was version 12 something and had a company name of Swearware.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,660 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Do you have another computer and USB flash drive?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 davidolson255

davidolson255
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

I have an old pc running same version as my newer pc, which is windows xp pro sp3 32bit and i have a few flash drives around here somewhere. Please dont take my upcoming question the wrong way, but if i turn that pc on and connect it to my network, wont the virus see the new computer then hop on it, or whatever is the correct terminology? I was debating on trying to download the files from my ipad to dropbox, then try to log in my dropbox from the invected pc, but wasnt sure if it would allow me to log into dropbox or if it would infect my dropbox files. If the is a safe route, i can try to make a new dropbox account as i use my current account quite often to transfer files between home and work.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,660 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

if i turn that pc on and connect it to my network, wont the virus see the new computer then hop on it

No. Using another computer and USB flash drive is the safest way.

Install Panda USB Vaccine, or No Autorun, or BitDefender’s USB Immunizer on GOOD computer to protect it from any infected USB device.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#7 davidolson255

davidolson255
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

Broni,

I hope that I'm not speaking too soon here, but I think my desktop PC is ok now.  I installed Avast AV, which seemed to help with the redirects, but after installing Google Chrome (and running all your suggested programs above), I'm not seeing any issues.  The logs showed quite a bit of missing entries, which would be nice to have done sometime later.  I downloaded NoAutoRun and would really like to check out the damage on my Network Drive.  Or maybe I should try to clean up the laptop first.  Which do you recommend?   The laptop is in really bad shape.  Can't open Control Panel, Windows Explorer, has browser redirects...can't remember what else, as I have been keeping it off so it doesn't get any worse.  I recall being able to get into the registry still and can access an Internet Browser...just not sure if the webpage is a local file or what.

Should I post my logs here or in the log section?  There really wasn't much to look at in the logs, but perhaps you may see something that I overlooked.  Like I said, I've formatted this desktop pc about 5 times and that virus would come right back as soon as I got Windows up and running again.

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,660 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

Whatever you do we can deal with one computer per topic.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#9 davidolson255

davidolson255
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

Broni,

Glad to see your still checking this post. I got the feeling either I or one of the programs I ran that you suggested, may have temporarily disabled it, but I think it got turned back on while running RegDelNull. I was trying to just clean things up. I'm seeing a lot of registry entries for enabling Terminal Services, Remote Assistance, Interactive Users, some funking menus that I've never heard of. Should I rerun all those programs again? I'm not sure how useful my logs from yesterday will be today.

Am I just being paranoid??

#10 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,660 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

I can't really comment unless you complete all steps from my initial reply.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#11 davidolson255

davidolson255
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Checkup.txt

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.73  
 Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86   
 Internet Explorer 6 Out of date! 
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:`````````````` 
 Windows Security Center service is not running! This report may not be accurate! 
Please wait while WMIC is being installed. 
 WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update. 
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:````````` 
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300  
 Google Chrome 29.0.1547.66  
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````  
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice.exe  
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui.exe  
 Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler.exe   
 AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc.exe  
 AVAST Software Avast avastUI.exe  
`````````````````System Health check````````````````` 
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C:: 4% 
````````````````````End of Log`````````````````````` 

FSS.txt

Farbar Service Scanner Version: 05-09-2013

Ran by Admin (administrator) on 08-09-2013 at 01:17:43
Running from "C:\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.

Windows Firewall:
=============

Firewall Disabled Policy: 
==================

System Restore:
============

System Restore Disabled Policy: 
========================

Security Center:
============

wscsvc Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking LEGACY_wscsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open LEGACY_wscsvc\0000 registry key. The key does not exist.

Windows Update:
============

Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy: 
============================

Other Services:
==============

File Check:
========
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcpcsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\afd.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\netbt.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\tcpip.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ipsec.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dnsrslvr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ipnathlp.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\netman.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\srsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\sr.sys => MD5 is legit

ATTENTION!=====> C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscsvc.dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauserv.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qmgr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\es.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cryptsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcss.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe => MD5 is legit

Extra List:
=======
aswTdi(8) Gpc(6) IPSec(4) NetBT(5) PSched(7) Tcpip(3) 
0x080000000400000001000000020000000300000008000000050000000600000007000000
IpSec Tag value is correct.

**** End of log ****

MiniToolbox - Result.txt

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 13-07-2013
Ran by Admin (administrator) on 08-09-2013 at 01:20:03
Running from "C:\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ============================== 

Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.
========================= Hosts content: =================================

127.0.0.1       localhost

========================= IP Configuration: ================================

Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor = Wireless Network Connection (Connected)
Windows IP Configuration        Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : usa1        Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :         Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown        IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No        WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No        DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : BelkinEthernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:        Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : Belkin        Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor        Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 08-86-3B-66-44-65        Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes        Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes        IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.9        Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0        Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1        DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1        DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1        Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, September 08, 2013 12:51:13 AM        Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, January 18, 2038 11:14:07 PMServer:  router.belkin
Address:  192.168.2.1

Name:    google.com
Addresses:  173.194.43.32, 173.194.43.33, 173.194.43.39, 173.194.43.46
 173.194.43.41, 173.194.43.38, 173.194.43.35, 173.194.43.36, 173.194.43.40
 173.194.43.34, 173.194.43.37

Pinging google.com [173.194.43.32] with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 173.194.43.32: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=51Reply from 173.194.43.32: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=51Ping statistics for 173.194.43.32:    Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:    Minimum = 19ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 19msServer:  router.belkin
Address:  192.168.2.1

Name:    yahoo.com
Addresses:  98.139.183.24, 98.138.253.109, 206.190.36.45

Pinging yahoo.com [206.190.36.45] with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 206.190.36.45: bytes=32 time=109ms TTL=44Reply from 206.190.36.45: bytes=32 time=117ms TTL=44Ping statistics for 206.190.36.45:    Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:    Minimum = 109ms, Maximum = 117ms, Average = 113msPinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:    Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms===========================================================================
Interface List
0x1 ........................... MS TCP Loopback interface
0x10003 ...08 86 3b 66 44 65 ...... Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor - Packet Scheduler Miniport
===========================================================================
Active Routes:
Network Destination        Netmask          Gateway       Interface  Metric
          0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0      192.168.2.1     192.168.2.9  20
        127.0.0.0        255.0.0.0        127.0.0.1       127.0.0.1  1
      192.168.2.0    255.255.255.0      192.168.2.9     192.168.2.9  20
      192.168.2.9  255.255.255.255        127.0.0.1       127.0.0.1  20
    192.168.2.255  255.255.255.255      192.168.2.9     192.168.2.9  20
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0      192.168.2.9     192.168.2.9  20
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255      192.168.2.9     192.168.2.9  1
Default Gateway:       192.168.2.1
Persistent Routes:
  None
========================= Winsock entries =====================================

Catalog5 01 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll [245248] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 02 C:\WINDOWS\system32\winrnr.dll [16896] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 03 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll [245248] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 01 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll [245248] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 02 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll [245248] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 03 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll [245248] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 04 C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsvpsp.dll [92672] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 05 C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsvpsp.dll [92672] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 06 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll [245248] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 07 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll [245248] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 08 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll [245248] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 09 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll [245248] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 10 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll [245248] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 11 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll [245248] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 12 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll [245248] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 13 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll [245248] (Microsoft Corporation)

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (09/08/2013 00:51:51 AM) (Source: Userenv) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

Error: (09/08/2013 00:51:51 AM) (Source: Userenv) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

Error: (09/08/2013 00:51:07 AM) (Source: Userenv) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

Error: (09/08/2013 00:51:07 AM) (Source: Userenv) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

Error: (09/08/2013 00:41:32 AM) (Source: Userenv) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (09/08/2013 00:41:32 AM) (Source: Userenv) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

System errors:
=============
Error: (09/07/2013 08:25:23 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: DCOM got error "%%1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments ""
in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

Error: (09/07/2013 07:58:21 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: USA1)
Description: DCOM got error "%%1084" attempting to start the service StiSvc with arguments ""
{A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-BF92-0060081ED811}

Error: (09/07/2013 07:58:12 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: USA1)
Description: DCOM got error "%%1084" attempting to start the service StiSvc with arguments ""

Error: (09/07/2013 07:57:45 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: USA1)

Error: (09/07/2013 07:57:37 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: USA1)

Error: (09/07/2013 07:44:38 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: USA1)

Error: (09/07/2013 07:44:38 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: USA1)

Error: (09/07/2013 07:40:05 PM) (Source: SideBySide) (User: )
Description: Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashBase.dll.
Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

Description: Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC90.CRT.
Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Description: Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (09/08/2013 00:51:51 AM) (Source: Userenv)(User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D}

Error: (09/08/2013 00:51:51 AM) (Source: Userenv)(User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE}

Error: (09/08/2013 00:51:07 AM) (Source: Userenv)(User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (09/08/2013 00:51:07 AM) (Source: Userenv)(User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (09/08/2013 00:41:32 AM) (Source: Userenv)(User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (09/08/2013 00:41:32 AM) (Source: Userenv)(User: NT AUTHORITY)

=========================== Installed Programs ============================

avast! Ad Blocker (Version: 1.0.0.0)
avast! Free Antivirus (Version: 8.0.1497.0)
Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor (Version: 1.0.0.10)
Google Chrome (Version: 29.0.1547.66)
Google Update Helper (Version: 1.3.21.153)
HashCheck Shell Extension (x86-32) (Version: 2.1.11.0)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300 (Version: 1.75.0.1300)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 (Version: 9.0.30729.6161)
Update for Windows XP (KB2467659) (Version: 1)
Update for Windows XP (KB2661254-v2) (Version: 2)
Update for Windows XP (KB2749655) (Version: 1)
Update for Windows XP (KB2863058) (Version: 1)
Update for Windows XP (KB955759) (Version: 1)
Update for Windows XP (KB971029) (Version: 1)
Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications (KB905474) (Version: 1.9.0040.0)

========================= Devices: ================================

Name: Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
Description: Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
Class Guid: {4D36E97E-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Manufacturer: 
Service: 
Problem: : The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
Resolution: To install the drivers for this device, click "Update Driver", which starts the Hardware Update wizard.

Name: Video Controller
Description: Video Controller
Manufacturer: 
Service: 
Resolution: To install the drivers for this device, click "Update Driver", which starts the Hardware Update wizard.

Name: Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus
Description: Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus
Manufacturer: 
Service: 

Name: Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus
Description: Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus
Manufacturer: 
Service: 

Name: Ethernet Controller
Description: Ethernet Controller
Manufacturer: 
Service: 

Name: Deskjet 3050 J610 series
Description: Deskjet 3050 J610 series
Manufacturer: 
Service: 

Name: Deskjet 3050 J610 series
Description: Deskjet 3050 J610 series
Manufacturer: 
Service: 

Name: SM Bus Controller
Description: SM Bus Controller
Manufacturer: 
Service: 

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 21%
Total physical RAM: 3292.92 MB
Available physical RAM: 2578.38 MB
Total Pagefile: 5177.23 MB
Available Pagefile: 4269.45 MB
Total Virtual: 2047.88 MB
Available Virtual: 1978.66 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:698.63 GB) (Free:692.73 GB) NTFS

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\USA1

Admin                    Administrator            Dave                     
Guest                    HelpAssistant            

**** End of log ****

mbar-log-2013-09-08

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA 1.07.0.1005

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.09.07.06

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.5512
Admin :: USA1 [administrator]

9/8/2013 1:31:23 AM
mbar-log-2013-09-08 (01-31-23).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Anti-Rootkit | Drivers | MBR | Physical Sectors | Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken
Scan options disabled: 
Objects scanned: 246779
Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 1 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

Physical Sectors Detected: 0

(end)

system-log.txt

---------------------------------------

© Malwarebytes Corporation 2011-2012

OS version: 5.1.2600 Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86

Account is Administrative

Internet Explorer version: 6.0.2900.5512

File system is: NTFS
Disk drives: C:\ DRIVE_FIXED
CPU speed: 3.192000 GHz
Memory total: 3452874752, free: 2682306560

Downloaded database version: v2013.09.07.06
Downloaded database version: v2013.08.06.01
Initializing...
======================
------------ Kernel report ------------
     09/08/2013 01:31:15
------------ Loaded modules -----------
\WINDOWS\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
\WINDOWS\system32\KDCOM.DLL
\WINDOWS\system32\BOOTVID.dll
ACPI.sys
\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\WMILIB.SYS
pci.sys
isapnp.sys
pciide.sys
\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\PCIIDEX.SYS
MountMgr.sys
ftdisk.sys
dmload.sys
dmio.sys
PartMgr.sys
VolSnap.sys
atapi.sys
disk.sys
\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.SYS
fltMgr.sys
sr.sys
KSecDD.sys
Ntfs.sys
NDIS.sys
Mup.sys
aswVmm.sys
aswRvrt.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\usbuhci.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\USBPORT.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\usbehci.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\HDAudBus.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ks.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\audstub.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rasl2tp.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndistapi.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndiswan.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\raspptp.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\TDI.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\psched.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\msgpc.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ptilink.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\raspti.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rdpdr.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\termdd.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\kbdclass.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\swenum.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\update.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mssmbios.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\USBD.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Fs_Rec.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Null.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Beep.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\HIDPARSE.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vga.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\VIDEOPRT.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\RDPCDD.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Msfs.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Npfs.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rasacd.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ipsec.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\tcpip.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ipnat.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aswTdi.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\netbt.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\AswRdr.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\afd.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\netbios.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Fips.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aswSnx.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\hidusb.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\HIDCLASS.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\RTL8192su.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mouhid.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\kbdhid.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\usbprint.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Cdfs.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\dump_atapi.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\dump_WMILIB.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\win32k.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Dxapi.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\watchdog.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxg.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgthk.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\framebuf.dll
\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\aswMonFlt.sys
\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aswFsBlk.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\srv.sys
\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mqac.sys
\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\RMCast.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\HTTP.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ipfltdrv.sys
\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\PROCEXP152.SYS
\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamchameleon.sys
\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
----------- End -----------
Done!
<<<1>>>
Upper Device Name: \Device\Harddisk4\DR5
Upper Device Object: 0xffffffff8a040648
Upper Device Driver Name: \Driver\Disk\
Lower Device Name: \Device\00000082\
Lower Device Object: 0xffffffff8a027ea0
Lower Device Driver Name: \Driver\usbstor\
<<<1>>>
Upper Device Name: \Device\Harddisk3\DR4
Upper Device Object: 0xffffffff89ffe030
Lower Device Name: \Device\00000081\
Lower Device Object: 0xffffffff8a025980
<<<1>>>
Upper Device Name: \Device\Harddisk2\DR3
Upper Device Object: 0xffffffff8a01bab8
Lower Device Name: \Device\00000080\
Lower Device Object: 0xffffffff8a025ea0
<<<1>>>
Upper Device Name: \Device\Harddisk1\DR2
Upper Device Object: 0xffffffff89fa31b8
Lower Device Name: \Device\0000007f\
Lower Device Object: 0xffffffff89fcdea0
<<<1>>>
Upper Device Name: \Device\Harddisk0\DR0
Upper Device Object: 0xffffffff8a24dab8
Lower Device Name: \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T0L0-3\
Lower Device Object: 0xffffffff8a2c6940
Lower Device Driver Name: \Driver\atapi\
<<<2>>>
Physical Sector Size: 512
Drive: 0, DevicePointer: 0xffffffff8a24dab8, DeviceName: \Device\Harddisk0\DR0\, DriverName: \Driver\Disk\
--------- Disk Stack ------
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff8a2c5930, DeviceName: Unknown, DriverName: \Driver\PartMgr\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff8a24dab8, DeviceName: \Device\Harddisk0\DR0\, DriverName: \Driver\Disk\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff8a29d328, DeviceName: \Device\00000061\, DriverName: \Driver\ACPI\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff8a2c6940, DeviceName: \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T0L0-3\, DriverName: \Driver\atapi\
------------ End ----------
Alternate DeviceName: \Device\Harddisk0\DR0\, DriverName: \Driver\Disk\
Upper DeviceData: 0x0, 0x0, 0x0
Lower DeviceData: 0x0, 0x0, 0x0
<<<3>>>
Volume: C:
File system type: NTFS
SectorSize = 512, ClusterSize = 4096, MFTRecordSize = 1024, MFTIndexSize = 4096 bytes
<<<2>>>
<<<3>>>
SectorSize = 512, ClusterSize = 4096, MFTRecordSize = 1024, MFTIndexSize = 4096 bytes
Scanning drivers directory: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers...
<<<2>>>
<<<3>>>
Done!
Drive 0
Scanning MBR on drive 0...
Inspecting partition table:
MBR Signature: 55AA
Disk Signature: C648A420

Partition information:

Partition 0 type is Primary (0x7)
    Partition is ACTIVE.
    Partition starts at LBA: 63  Numsec = 1465127937
    Partition file system is NTFS
    Partition is bootable

Partition 1 type is Empty (0x0)
    Partition is NOT ACTIVE.
    Partition starts at LBA: 0  Numsec = 0

Partition 2 type is Empty (0x0)
    Partition is NOT ACTIVE.

Partition 3 type is Empty (0x0)
    Partition is NOT ACTIVE.

Disk Size: 750156374016 bytes
Sector size: 512 bytes

Scanning physical sectors of unpartitioned space on drive 0 (1-62-1465129168-1465149168)...
Done!
Physical Sector Size: 0
Drive: 1, DevicePointer: 0xffffffff89fa31b8, DeviceName: \Device\Harddisk1\DR2\, DriverName: \Driver\Disk\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff8a032260, DeviceName: Unknown, DriverName: \Driver\PartMgr\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff89fa31b8, DeviceName: \Device\Harddisk1\DR2\, DriverName: \Driver\Disk\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff89fcdea0, DeviceName: \Device\0000007f\, DriverName: \Driver\usbstor\
Drive: 2, DevicePointer: 0xffffffff8a01bab8, DeviceName: \Device\Harddisk2\DR3\, DriverName: \Driver\Disk\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff896617c0, DeviceName: Unknown, DriverName: \Driver\PartMgr\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff8a01bab8, DeviceName: \Device\Harddisk2\DR3\, DriverName: \Driver\Disk\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff8a025ea0, DeviceName: \Device\00000080\, DriverName: \Driver\usbstor\
Drive: 3, DevicePointer: 0xffffffff89ffe030, DeviceName: \Device\Harddisk3\DR4\, DriverName: \Driver\Disk\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff89695810, DeviceName: Unknown, DriverName: \Driver\PartMgr\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff89ffe030, DeviceName: \Device\Harddisk3\DR4\, DriverName: \Driver\Disk\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff8a025980, DeviceName: \Device\00000081\, DriverName: \Driver\usbstor\
Drive: 4, DevicePointer: 0xffffffff8a040648, DeviceName: \Device\Harddisk4\DR5\, DriverName: \Driver\Disk\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff89681810, DeviceName: Unknown, DriverName: \Driver\PartMgr\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff8a040648, DeviceName: \Device\Harddisk4\DR5\, DriverName: \Driver\Disk\
DevicePointer: 0xffffffff8a027ea0, DeviceName: \Device\00000082\, DriverName: \Driver\usbstor\
Scan finished
=======================================

Removal queue found; removal started
Removing C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable)\MBR_0_i.mbam...
Removing C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable)\Bootstrap_0_0_63_i.mbam...
Removing C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable)\MBR_0_r.mbam...
Removal finished
---------------------------------------

© Malwarebytes Corporation 2011-2012

OS version: 5.1.2600 Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86

Account is Administrative

Internet Explorer version: 6.0.2900.5512

File system is: NTFS
Disk drives: C:\ DRIVE_FIXED
CPU speed: 3.192000 GHz
Memory total: 3452874752, free: 2578219008

mbam-log-2013-09-07

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS (Safe Mode/Networking)
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

Protection: Disabled

9/7/2013 6:42:15 PM
mbam-log-2013-09-07 (18-42-15).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|)
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM | P2P
Scan options disabled: 
Objects scanned: 250679
Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 34 second(s)

Registry Values Detected: 1
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer|ForceClassicControlPanel (Hijack.ControlPanelStyle) -> Data: 1 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Detected: 2
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced|Start_ShowHelp (PUM.Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and repaired successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer|NoSMHelp (PUM.Hijack.Help) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and repaired successfully.

(end)

mbam-log-2013-09-08

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.5512

Protection: Enabled

9/8/2013 1:25:46 AM
MBAM-log-2013-09-08 (01-28-58).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM | P2P
Scan options disabled: 
Objects scanned: 245501
Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 30 second(s)

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 3
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced|Start_ShowHelp (PUM.Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> No action taken.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced|Start_ShowMyComputer (PUM.Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> No action taken.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced|Start_ShowMyDocs (PUM.Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> No action taken.

(end)

rkill.log

Rkill 2.6.1 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
Copyright 2008-2013 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:

Program started at: 09/08/2013 01:37:45 AM in x86 mode.
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* taskmgr.exe debugger. [IFEO Debugger Deleted]

Backup Registry file created at:
 C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\rkill\rkill-09-08-2013-01-37-47.reg

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* No issues found.

Checking Windows Service Integrity: 

* ALG [Missing Service]
 * ERSvc [Missing Service]
 * helpsvc [Missing Service]
 * Messenger [Missing Service]
 * mnmsrvc [Missing Service]
 * NtmsSvc [Missing Service]
 * RpcLocator [Missing Service]
 * WmdmPmSN [Missing Service]
 * wscsvc [Missing Service]
 * wdmaud [Missing Service]

* NetDDE [Missing ImagePath]
 * NetDDEdsdm [Missing ImagePath]

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures: 

* C:\WINDOWS\System32\UxTheme.dll : 218,624 : 09/14/2009 01:57 AM : 88f5be9ae5b87b82e83718f3e425e82d [NoSig]

Checking HOSTS File: 

* HOSTS file entries found: 

127.0.0.1       localhost

Program finished at: 09/08/2013 01:38:04 AM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 0 minute(s), and 18 seconds(s)

#12 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,660 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

FSS log shows one system files missing and Rkill shows several services not running.

We'll get back to it but let's finish cleaning process first.

p22002970.gif Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Alternate download: http://www.itxassociates.com/OT-Tools/TFC.exe
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.

=============================================================================

p22002970.gif Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

=============================================================================

p22002970.gif Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

p22002970.gif Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner

• Disable your antivirus program
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Click Start
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Scan archives
  • Click Start
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click on List of found threats
  • Click on Export to text file , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
    NOTE. If Eset doesn't find any threats it'll NOT produce any log.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#13 davidolson255

davidolson255
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

I have a log from my avast AV install, which failed for some reason.  I tried to post the log, but it's just not posting...I think maybe it's too big?

#14 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,660 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

I can see Avast as installed. It's not running or...?

My Website

p4433470.gif

#15 davidolson255

davidolson255
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

I didnt mean to sound confusing. The Avast installed failed the first attempt, but was successful the second attempt. It looks like the files were getting deleted during the first attempt. But yes, it appears be working since the second attempt.

FYI - my pc looks locked up since i started TFC. Is that to be expected? You mentioned it would close all running programs, but as you can tell, i dont have anything on this pc yet due to the recent harddrive format. How long should i expect TFC to run?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users