Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intro / combofix FTW

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 davidolson255

davidolson255

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

Hello all,

I stumbled upon this website a couple days ago, while searching for a fix to my PC at work with Internet Browser doing redirects. Im happy to say that using combofix from here did corrected the redirects. I still have a feeling there is something else, but time will tell.

Just a quick background on me, im a long time VB 6 programmer, so Im pretty familiar with using APIs, creatng ActiveX User Controls, etc. ive been using computers for about 25+ years, before Windows 3.1, so im also pretty comfortable using DOS Commands. However, i must admit to a great lack of knowledge with Web and .NET framework. I came across sysinternals suite of pure awesome tools about a year ago. Im still learning how to correctly identify how to properly use Process Explorer, but because of the great details that it provides, i instantly stopped using task manager completely. If anyone doesnt know what sysinternals or just Process Explorer, you are greatly missing out on some excellent tools.

Until 2 weeks ago, to my knowledge, ive never had a computer virus and almost thought of them as a myth. I understand that the forum rules have asked members to make posts for assistance in another location, so i will go into details in another post, but felt it was relevant to put in my intro post as this is what brought me here.

I hope to meet some nice people here and maybe provide any assistance back to others if possible. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users