Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crashes, startup issues and low performance

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JonesRG

JonesRG

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hello

I'm having issues with my computer that I hope somebody out there can help me with, there a few Things I need to explain so bear with me.

A typical rutine at the moment is me starting my pc with no problems, but after a few minutes it crashes and starts up again, then the fun begins. Sometimes the Bios will make what sounds like one long and 3/2 small beeps, which I've heard is the code for Video Card error and the screen will not Work. The Bios issue sometimes also come without a crash preceeding it. Then I have to constantly try and restart the computer until it will start normally, however this time it will take ages and sometimes it will just turn off after a period of time or crash again during startup. When it finally start again after the original crash, there is nothing weird besides a frustrating low performace on games etc. etc.

If anyone can point me towards what might cause these issues and possible fixes I would be gratefull.

In advance, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hi,

Can we assume that all of your updates have been run for your OS, your security program and that your graphics drivers are current? If so then you may be looking at a haardware problem. Is this a desktop or a laptop?

Thanks

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users