Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1366x768 can't output HD?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shortaflip

shortaflip

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hey guys,

Newbie here; alright so my problem is this.  I bought the Aspire E1-522.  Here are the specs for it:  http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model-datasheet/NX.M81AA.004

Anyways it is supposed to be HD while running the screen resolution of 1366x768.  The 1920x1080 wallpapers I use for it are running fine, however, the problem comes when I play videos using MPC-HC.  The video gets all shrunk up on the laptop.  When I hook it up using an VGA or HDMI to a 55 inch TV it does the same thing.  And then I noticed that on the TV it stated that it is at 1440x900 resolution.  So ionno...  lol, little bit of a stump here for me. 

I heard that 1366x768 is still supposed to be able to output 1920x1080 resolution.  Given the "change screen resolution" option; I can't go past the 1366x768.  Halp please :)

-Kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shortaflip

shortaflip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

bump, anyone?

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer shortaflip

The videos are coded of different formats/standards/aspect ratio - Avi, Mpeg -4/mp4 , DVD, etc. It means that the videos below your native resolution (1366X768) would work. The problem might be of the aspect ratio (widescreen to full screen 4:3 to 16:9). There are options to change these settings on media players. Been using VLC which is better and widely used nowadays. Working on the same resolution output to extend your laptop on HDTv is also another problem. They should match the same support output display in aspect and resolution.

Tekken

#4 shortaflip

shortaflip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

hm, I see.  Ok thanks for the welcome and reply.  :)

#5 lti

lti

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

1366x768 is HD, but only 720p. Your media player will have to shrink 1080p (1920x1080) video down to fit in that resolution.

I don't know why the resolution on the TV is 1440x900. That isn't a standard HD resolution, but TVs still support it for use with computers. You should be able to increase the resolution in the Windows display properties.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users