Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Want to purchase NOT BUILD a new Gaming Computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Christofferson

Christofferson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

I wanted to make it clear that I don't want to build my own computer as I don't have the knowledge nor the patience to learn how to do it myself.  Also, I would not like to run the risk of screwing something up and not having a company to request help from.

Let's start off with my budget.  I'm looking to purchase a computer in the $1,000-$1,500 range or so.  This isn't really set in stone as I will succumb to spending more if it's in my best benefit.  I'm currently saving for this purchase.

Now let's talk about my goal I'm trying to achieve with this computer.  I'd like to be able to play fairly graphics demanding games at, or near max settings.  Really my incentive for wanting to buy a new gaming rig is to play the new game Total War: Rome 2 at max settings.  I heard the game as of now is quite a let down (Hoping patches can fix the MANY problems.), but that is my goal nonetheless.  I looked at the specs and heard from a few people that it takes about the same requirements as it's predecessor Shogun 2 Total War, which is the game I'll be playing until I know Rome is patched and playable.

I've looked at many computers and saved the links of a few that caught my eye.  I've done a fair bit of research about their specs including the video cards and processors.  My main concern and question is, should I spend the extra money on an i-7, or is an i-5 plenty enough for what I need?  I've researched this very question quite a bit and I've had mixed results.  Many say that i-5's are good enough for today's games and that i-7's are only slightly better, but for "future proofing" I should invest in an i-7.

I'll link a few of the computers I've looked at on Newegg.

This first one is an i-5 which has a great videocard and Windows 7 (a plus in my book): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229473

This one is an i-7 and it has a decent video card:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227439

This last one is also an i-7 but it has an AMD Radeon video card as opposed to the other two which have Nvidia Geforce:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883258043

Another question is have is, which cards are better suited for my needs?  The AMD Radeon or the Nvidia Geforce?

I know this is a lot of information, but I would very much appreciate people's suggestions and answers to my questions.  Thanks.

Edited by Christofferson, 06 September 2013 - 05:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

Hi, the Cyberpower pc has the fastest graphics card while the Avatar pc with the AMD graphics card closely trails behind. The i5-4670k has more then enough power for any games really even ones that a CPU bound. Although the Avatar has the latest gen i7 processor which would cover for future proofing.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 Christofferson

Christofferson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

So which one would you recommend?  Oh, and can the processor in the Cyberpower one, can that be upgraded later?  Will the motherboard support a newer I-7?

#4 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

fistful of PC dollars

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1307714

I will be in fascination with the 680 for quite a long time.

Edited by synergy513, 07 September 2013 - 04:09 AM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#5 Christofferson

Christofferson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

fistful of PC dollars

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1307714

I will be in fascination with the 680 for quite a long time.

I want to purchase a computer, not all the parts to one..  I'd like to know it's assembled right.  :o

#6 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

that is a bundle packaged in one finished unit and shipped as such, kind of peculiar how the price is omitted.

Forgot to look for the OS, it may not be included, which some users prefer

just so happens, another BC user is looking to unload a decent phenom getup

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507060/how-much-is-my-pc-worth/

Edited by synergy513, 08 September 2013 - 05:10 AM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users