Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C-dilla

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mechmaker

mechmaker

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:30 PM

spybot s&d keeps picking up c-dilla on scans and i see it in my process bar. I went into safe mode and removed any c-dilla files i could find. Then i did same with registry but it still is appearing. If you can tell me how to remove it, id appreciate it thanks. :thumbsup:
"Infection is the death's second cousin next to disease."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:20 PM

C-dilla appears to be a copyright-protection program that keeps you from copying software with your burner. This program comes with Unreal Tournament 2003, TurboTax, game demos and many more programs. Personally, I would never buy any program that I found uses such protection. It is very hard to remove.

Programs which have installed this will sometimes not function if it is removed. It is said by some to be harmless, but by others to report back to the main company, so it is indeed spyware.

Here is a note about it.

Here is a tidbit about it in the Spybot forums.

Spybot Search and Destroy may get rid of it, it has in some cases. If it's not working, try going into Expert Mode, tools, Ignore Products, All Products, and make sure it's unchecked. (I've got two instances)

3D Studio Max and other 3D rendering programs use this, as well as Autocad. If you think that you have a program that may be using it that you want to keep, I'd think twice about removing it.

If it's Turbo Tax and you're no longer moving it, Intuit has a removal tool here.

Edited by Herk, 24 April 2006 - 09:24 PM.

#3 mechmaker

mechmaker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:29 PM

OMG ITS GONE WOOT THANKS A BUNCH. strange that i would get it 3 days ago without installing anything tho...
"Infection is the death's second cousin next to disease."

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:47 PM

Here is a link you may also be interested in:

http://www.auditmypc.com/process/cjdac11ba.asp

There is another page from this one that offers a free program for supposedly getting rid of theis infection your computer has.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users