Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Lap Top Upgrade Parts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hello,

I have a HP Touchmark m7 Envy with a 4th Gen i7.  I understand that my only option to increase RAM is to use 2 blocks of 8GB and 16 GB is the limit.

Any recommendations for high performing low cost 8 GB blocks appreciated?

Just to be sure I am right on track there are no practical options for soild state, right?

And lastly, any recommendations for spare recharageable batteries greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Hello,

Snipped

Just to be sure I am right on track there are no practical options for soild state, right?

And lastly, any recommendations for spare recharageable batteries greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Hi,

Options for Solid State? Do You mean drives? if So i would think plenty of SSD hard drives as options, they will be smaller and more expensive however.

I tend to stick with the laptop maker for spare batteries. I've seen problems with cheap eBay batteries.

BTW are you sure you need more memory. The largest amount in any of my computers is 6Gb and I never use it all.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

well, if you want 16 gigs of RAM, then 2X8gig is the only way to go.  Just know that unless you have some really extraordinary circumstances, you will never notice a difference between 8 and 16 gigs.

As far as no solid state.  Why not?  I looked at the HP manuals and evidently SSDs were available from the factory in those.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Guaranteed-compatible 16GB kit (8GBx2) for your HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j010dx - $131.99

SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE1T0BW 2.5" 1TB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - $599.99

HP PI06 Notebook Battery - $119.00

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users