Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Original Cryptolocker Ransomware Support and Help Topic

• Please log in to reply
3449 replies to this topic

#3436 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:09 AM

@ All Readers

This is a support and discussion topic created in 2014 for help with the original CryptoLocker Ransomware which first appeared in the beginning of September 2013. The topic keeps being resurrected by folks incorrectly assuming their infection is the result of CryptoLocker ransomware when that is not the case.

CryptoLocker Ransomware does not exist anymore and hasn't since June 2014. There are many copycat ransomware variants which pretend to be or use the CryptoLocker name but those infections are not the same. Any references to CryptoLocker and retrieving keys for it will not work anymore.

If you are not sure what infection you are dealing with, please start a new topic in the Ransomware Tech Support and Help Forum and we will assist you from there.

You can also submit samples of encrypted files and ransom notes to ID Ransomware for assistance with identification and confirmation. This is a service that helps identify what ransomware may have encrypted your files and then attempts to direct you to an appropriate support topic where you can seek further assistance.

If you need assistance with malware removal, please start a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum.

If you want to discuss prevention tools, please start a new topic in the Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware Software.

Thanks for you cooperation
The BC Staff

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#3437 Delicdan

Delicdan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:53 AM

Hi I tried downloading cryptolunlocker GUI from the link but find its not there. Does anyone know where I can download it or something similar? as I am having trouble with the command prompt. This is a result of the original cryptolocker back in 2014.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to unlock 32gb worth of family photos

Thanks

Edited by Delicdan, 22 June 2016 - 03:56 AM.

#3438 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:04 AM

CryptoUnlocker GUI was created by Nathan Scott (DecrypterFixer) to assist victims of the original Cryptolocker Ransomware infection. Sometime after FireEye in collaboration with Fox-IT released a way to retrieve the private decryption key for those who were infected, Nathan stopped support of his tool and it is no longer available for download from DropBox. Nathan moved on to other projects with included CryptoMonitor and Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta and is now the Technical Project Manager at Malwarebytes. You can try contacting Nathan at Decryptorbit@outlook.com, linkedin.com/in/NathanMScott or Malwarebytes and ask if he can provide you with a download link.

#3439 vegi

vegi

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:09 PM

I  also having the same issue , how can i get back my files  . All files changes to extension " *.CRYPTED " , please help me any one .

#3440 cybercynic

cybercynic

• Members
  • 557 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:19 PM

Please read the post #3439, a little above yours. Cryptolocker no longer exists. You are in the wrong topic. The .crypted extension could indicate Nemucod. 

I suggest you upload an encrypted file and the ransom note to :https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/

This should give you a positive ID and guidance on what to do next.

Edited by cybercynic, 08 July 2016 - 01:47 PM.

We are drowning in information - and starving for wisdom.

#3441 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

ID Ransomware is a service for identifying what ransomware may have encrypted your files and then attempt to direct you to an appropriate support topic where you can seek further assistance.

If confirmed as Nemucod Ransomware...there is an ongoing discussion in this topic where you can ask questions and seek further assistance. Other victims have been directed there to share information, experiences and suggestions.

#3442 vegi

vegi

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:27 PM

issue resolved with decrypt_nemucod  excryptor.

#3443 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:46 AM

Glad to hear you were successful.

#3444 munozbasols

munozbasols

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:03 AM

Hi:

I got infected 1 year ago waiting for a posible solution but still not avalaible any, tried some but not worked and this site is not available. 

https://www.decryptcryptolocker.com/

tried karspesky tool ranhodecryptor not worked

Files.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwvRVDkjEDS0ZFg3dTNST25qNm8

thanks ins advance

https://www.decryptcryptolocker.com/

I tried malware id it says cannot be decrypted any ideas? i see ecnrypted files chinese characters :(

#3445 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:25 AM

...I tried malware id it says cannot be decrypted any ideas? i see ecnrypted files chinese characters :(

Are you sure you are dealing with the original CryptoLocker?

Any files that are encrypted with Shujin (Chinese) Ransomware will leave files (ransom notes) with Chinese symbols. More information in this article: Troyano/Ransomware Chinese Ransom

There is an ongoing discussion in this topic where you can ask questions and seek further assistance.

#3446 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:50 AM

Hi everyone,

A reporter for Money Magazine is writing a story on ransomware. She would love to speak to victims located in the USA who were affected by ransomware and paid the ransom or were able to recover their data for free.

If you are interested, her information can be found below:

My name is Andrea Rock and I am an investigative reporter working on a Money magazine story that will describe the risks currently posed by ransomware,  as well as offering advice on how to reduce your odds of being of being hit by it and what to do if you are. As part of my reporting for the story, I am hoping to talk to some people who have been through this unpleasant experience,  including those  who were able to get their data decrypted without having to pay ransom and those for whom there was no choice but to pay the crooks to recover access to their files.

Including this kind of real-world info in the article helps drive home the message that ransomware is a rapidly growing threat not just for hospitals, government and  big corporations, but for a lot of individuals on their home computers as well as small business owners,  doctors,  dentists, accountants,  etc.   Hopefully the story will draw further attention to this problem and perhaps help others avoid becoming victims of these cybercrooks. 

If you are willing to talk with me about your experience,  please contact me at ajrwriter16@gmail.com

#3447 Przemone

Przemone

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

Hi.

I need new link to app CryptoUnlocker GUI.

Please help.

I have key and 16Gb photoes to decryptions  :unsure:

Thanx.

#3448 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

CryptoUnlocker GUI was created by Nathan Scott (DecrypterFixer) to assist victims of the original Cryptolocker Ransomware infection. Sometime after FireEye in collaboration with Fox-IT released a way to retrieve the private decryption key for those who were infected, Nathan stopped support of his tool and it is no longer available for download from DropBox. Nathan moved on to other projects with included CryptoMonitor and Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta and is now the Technical Project Manager at Malwarebytes. You can try contacting Nathan at Decryptorbit@outlook.com, linkedin.com/in/NathanMScott or Malwarebytes and ask if he can provide you with a download link if the tool is even still available.

#3449 Przemone

Przemone

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:44 AM

CryptoUnlocker GUI was created by Nathan Scott (DecrypterFixer) to assist victims of the original Cryptolocker Ransomware infection. Sometime after FireEye in collaboration with Fox-IT released a way to retrieve the private decryption key for those who were infected, Nathan stopped support of his tool and it is no longer available for download from DropBox. Nathan moved on to other projects with included CryptoMonitor and Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta and is now the Technical Project Manager at Malwarebytes. You can try contacting Nathan at Decryptorbit@outlook.com, linkedin.com/in/NathanMScott or Malwarebytes and ask if he can provide you with a download link if the tool is even still available.

Thank you. 

I will send message.

If anyone got program at own computer,  send  to me please!

My family pictures is gone :-( i need help !

#3450 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:56 AM

You're welcome and good luck.