Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Secondary Log ON

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

The start up list in BC recommends this file as a Y, however I am finding contrary information,

/////////////

Using the Secondary Logon Service and RunAs

The examples throughout this chapter show local administrators going about their daily work while logged on
using their Administrative accounts. This is generally not a good practice. Quite a few bad things can happen
when logged on with full admin permissions. Viruses can get activated and make sweeping changes.
Innocent mistakes can cause serious damage. Leaving your workstation open gives access to nefarious users.
The list goes on and on.

Windows Server 2003 comes with a Secondary Logon Service (SLS) that makes it possible to log on as a standard
user and then launch applications with alternative credentials to perform administrative tasks. This
is philosophically similar to the su (superuser) command in UNIX, but is implemented somewhat differently.

The Secondary Logon Service is installed by default and starts at boot time. The service is hosted by Services.exe.
The code is contained in Seclogon.dll.
http://progettista.ru/0735711585_ch13lev1sec5.shtml

and

Disable the Secondary Logon Service to Prevent Starting Processes Under Alternate Credentials

////////////////////////////////////

If in fact a hacker can use this or other means  to invade my PC, . .

and I am online but not at my computer
is it possible for them to download or coppy my files
even though I have a firewall  etc. ??
I guess if they can get that far that they could and or just take a Screen shot etc. 

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users