Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lap top going crazy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Muskwa

Muskwa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

Hello someone help me?? My laptop computer, is behaving erratic, I cannot go  into safe mode, I can't open up the C/Drive, I am shut out of the Admininstration files, and the start-up is very slow.  I have run Sophos virus removal tool, spy ware doctor, and whatever infected my computer keeps hiding in different files, when I think I have found it.  any suggestions would be helpfull? my system is Windows 7, 64 bit.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 05 September 2013 - 11:48 PM.
moved from Windows 7 to Am I Infected? to explore the possibility of malware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle

• Security Colleague
  • 351 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.

• Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.
  • Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
  • If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/ to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Be sure to restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users