Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD while playing any game

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 antz123

antz123

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hi,

I am facing problem with BSOD.

Its just if i play a game in 3-4 minutes game freezes and crashes my system to safe start. Same does not happen on 1080p movies on VLC Player.

I already had updated nvidia drivers. Then felt may be new drivers are unstable so also went to safe mode installed some really old stable driver. However problem remained the same.

I also did memtest. i am sorry i ran out of patience but post 2 hrs also it showed new error. also there are no artifacts as such on the screen.

My System :

Intel Core I7 920
Gigabyte X 58 USB3
Gskill F3-12800CL7T-6GB
GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
Xonar Essence ST
Corsair HX 850
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

If i have not filled in info as per desired format, do let me know if something i need to add. Sorry n Thank you for the same.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hi

Are you overclocking graphic card, CPU or RAM ? . If yes, revert any frequency or voltage tuning to it's default setting. If not, please follow the below instructions to collect some basic info about the crashes.

:step1: Upload the crash dumps for analysis

Open C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy and  zip the entire contents of that folder and upload to any free file hosting site of your choice. You may have to disable UAC to copy them.

Example file hosting sites :

Post the download link to the dumps in next reply.

:step2: A Speccysnapshot of your system

Generate a report about your system using Speccy by reading the guide below. Make sure to run the Speccy after running the system about one or more hour. This will give us an indication of current CPU -GPU temperature status.

Post the web link displayed by Speccy in next reply.

:step3: A Minitoolbox log

Download Minitoolbox from the below link.

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

-List last 10 Event viewer errors
    -List installed programs
    -List devices
    -List users, partition and memory size
    -List Minidumps

Now click "Go" and post the output in next reply 

#3 antz123

antz123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

@Anshad Edavana

Nothing is overclocked ever. Its as basic as it was.

Attaching Minitoolbox, Speccy, dump folder, and SF Diagnostic Dump (gives a good snapshot of issues)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5txdl5

#4 bory504

bory504

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

The memtest never finished?

Sincerely, Blake.

7 year Computer Hardware + Software Technician.

Operations Technician at a retail company.

Rhythm guitarist for the band Headspill.

:guitar: 

#5 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

Hi

Thanks for providing the requested info. I will post my findings and keep you updated after analyzing those.

#6 computerrepair94

computerrepair94

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

Check for dust in the system?

#7 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

Hi

All your crash dumps shows a single stop code. It is bugcheck 116 ,  VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8007f6e010, fffff8800f888f10, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+801f10 )

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557263(v=vs.85).aspx

The VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000116. This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

Usual causes : display driver bugs, overclocked graphic card, overheating graphic card, faulty GPU on the card and in some rare cases a PSU which is failing to provide stable supply to the card under load.

Let us check the possibilities one by one.

:step1: Re-seat the graphic card.

Physically remove the card from the PCI-E slot and re-insert it to rule out any possible contact issues. Make sure the GPU fan is working flawlessly and there is enough air circulation inside the cabinet. If necessary, add an extra cabinet fan to ease the cooling.

:step2: Clean install Nvidia drivers.

I know that you already tried different display driver versions but it is necessary to clean install a known good WHQL version for testing. 

1. Uninstall Nvidia drivers and components completely. While uninstalling, remove components like Physx, control panel etc first and graphic driver at last.

2. Download and install 314.22 WHQL version of the Nvidia driver from the below link.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-314.22-whql-driver.html

While installing, choose custom and select only display driver, HDaudio driver and Physx. Also select perform a clean installation.

cleaninstallnvidia.jpg 

:step3: Set GPU power management to Maximum performance.

Read instructions from the below link and set power management mode from adaptive to maximum performance.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3130/~/setting-%22power-management-mode%22-from-adaptive-to-maximum-performance%20Advnced%20search%20to%20find%20stable%20driver:

:step4: Reapply thermal compound.

If the issue remains, remove the old thermal paste from the GPU completely and reapply a good one like Arctic silver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arctic-Silver-5-3-5g-gram-Thermal-Paste-Grease-20-uses-/390343907573

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 06 September 2013 - 04:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users