Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advanced Monitoring Agent, data was overdue.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 docdoom

docdoom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

Data has not been received from, device 'servername' within the expected time. The server or the ISP connection may have failed.

We have noticed an issue where the server is online and can access the internet but is reported as overdue. Manually re-running checks on the Agent uploads data but scheduled uploads fail.

The solution to temporarily fix Advanced Monitoring Agent service is;

Start --> Run --> services.msc --> Select Advanced Monitoring Agent --> Right Click -->Properties --> Log On tab --> Log on as: local or domain administrator

1, Advance Monitoring Agent service is running under an Administrator account, so the problem is not this.

2, The ISP is fine as my company provides this.so this is not the problem

3, The Server, sometimes does replication, which I think is the cause of the failed to send data, because it is causing it to timeout,

4, I have read an article on web before that the timeout can be increased to prevent it from hanging.

Unfortunately it was not my role to implement this change, I would like to now hoe to as I can't seem to locate any article on how to do it, only pages about installing monitoring agents.

Can you please advise on how to increase the timeout.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users