Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon printer troubling

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Elysium

Elysium

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hello friends here,

I need help,

I have such trouble in my job of installing canon i-sensys LBP6020B printer to PC.

PC and Printer is new brought. There is installed windows 7 ultimate x64bit, when start installing drivers of printer's from its own cd disk it pops up such error: see that link of schreenshot: 

what is a problem?

please help me.

thanks in advanced.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

Printers can be a pain in the backside to install !  What is known is that they can be quite specific about the installation sequence - whether you install the software, then connect the printer; or connect the printer, then install the software. That sort of thing. It's one of the few areas in life where I check the manual before I get into trouble - at least, according to my wife.

Unhappily, the Canon UK web-site is misbehaving at the moment, I cannot get a look at the manual, so I would suggest starting again.

Check the manual for the exact installation sequence, disconnect the printer and uninstall the drivers for it (Control panel / Programs and features) and then install the whole thing again. For some reason, your screen shot has come up in reduced resolution so it is not quite clear what the error message says - something about a cable ?

For the future, if you take a screen shot using the 'PrtScn' button, paste it into any convenient graphics application - you always have 'Windows Paint' if nothing else - and save as a JPEG. If the complete screen shot makes too big an image for Picz, crop it down to the relevant part of the screenshot, DON'T change the resolution of the image, you want people to be able to see it at a 1:1 ratio. I suspect that is what happened here - either you or Picz reduced the resolution which makes interpreting the text very difficult.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users