Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please look at my thread in Internal Hardware?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 new14m3

new14m3

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505830/what-is-this/

I need some of y'alls wonderful help please., but please dont get upset...i had to do something...

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Please do not use the malware forums to call attention to a non malware related topic. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

Animal. Is there a need to keep this thread? OP is asking to look at their topic -- Which can be considered as spam,since it's a non-malware issue -- You could've closed this topic and sent a PM to OP

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Animal. Is there a need to keep this thread? OP is asking to look at their topic -- Which can be considered as spam,since it's a non-malware issue -- You could've closed this topic and sent a PM to OP

This topic is not considered spam. It's not even close to being spam. There are no advertisements for products and services. Nor does it contain "watch this tv show or movie here". It wasn't posted multiple times across the forum. It does not fit the BC definition of spam. Exactly WHY do YOU think it is spam? A link to another BC topic is NOT spam. If it were I would be guilty of spamming, as would a lot of other people who post links to other topics.

It is a plea by a member desparate for help, who did not know where to post it. Every once in a while someone will feel the need to to call attention to his/her topic. There is no rule against this.

Animal moved it to what he felt is the correct place for it.

There is no need to close the topic. Had there been, Animal would have closed it.

It's staying open UNLESS it goes way off course. Which I hope does not happen. new14m3 does not deserve to have it closed because you think you know better than the staff how BC should be run.

In the future if you have any concerns or questions about the way we do things please use private messaging. Do not disrupt a topic with your questions and attempts at mini-modding.

Let us keep this ON TOPIC.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 05 September 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Queen-Evie has pretty well said more eloquently than I what needed to be said. But really, as an Admin for quite a few years here. I might have a clue how Bleeping Computer works and what belongs where. Thank you for telling me how we need to do things. All I can say is:

Bunny_facepalm_by_shlj23-d4s3yaj.jpg

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

@ new14m3,

Queen-Evie has provided instructions for you in what to do for posting in the log forum.  Those instructions are located here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505830/what-is-this/page-2#entry3148258

I would add just one thing.  Since you have already run ComboFix, please post those logs in the new topic you will create in the log forum.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 new14m3

new14m3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

k ty...

NOT spam...paranoid maybe lol not spam

#7 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

everybody does it from time to time.

I too  am guilty of going off on tangents and straying off  the topic. I didn't think it was a big deal at first, but then I thought that if it goes on with multiple users,  topics can get disorganized fast which isn't the desired result at all. This is why most cognizant users stay on topic and ask forgiveness if they get sidetracked.

As long as there isn't a distinguished and consistent pattern of user(s) straying off topic, it may not be an administrative concern and most users will be nonchalant.

Calling attention to  Spam or Canned Vegemite is somewhat concerning. it only took one time for me and i definitely took a closer look and reflected that it isn't taken lightly by site administrators  I won't do it again unless it is a solid case for further examination.

Edited by synergy513, 06 September 2013 - 09:04 AM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#8 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

Queen-Evie has pretty well said more eloquently than I what needed to be said. But really, as an Admin for quite a few years here. I might have a clue how Bleeping Computer works and what belongs where. Thank you for telling me how we need to do things. All I can say is:

Bunny_facepalm_by_shlj23-d4s3yaj.jpg

I didn't mean to teach you how to moderate,but asking for an non-malware issue for help is kinda...for me

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

I didn't mean to teach you how to moderate,but asking for an non-malware issue for help is kinda...for me

It's kinda what for you?

You have been told

In the future if you have any concerns or questions about the way we do things please use private messaging. Do not disrupt a topic with your questions and attempts at mini-modding.

You ignored that with your latest post. You also ignored KEEP THIS TOPIC on track.

We made the decision that the post is not spam. It is not wrong to ask that someone look at your topic. You are questioning our decisions and you continue to try to convince us we are wrong.

Did you read the entire topic linked to? At first glance it may not seem to be malware. However, had you read the whole topic you would have seen this (bold mine)

I know you guys arent malware help but I wanted to let you know whats goin on. i uninstalled my AV...avg & superantispyware & downloaded adaware. it found several things a conduit browser/search deal & also a cpl of nasty trojans that adaware couldnt get rid of...

The post that is taken from was made on Sept. 4, 2013 at 10:48 AM (my time zone).

This topic was started on Sept. 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM (my time zone) an hour and a half AFTER the posting of the above quoted post.

MALWARE is clearly mentioned yet you determined that the issue is not malware related which indicates you did not read the last few posts in the topic. Either that or you read it and did not recognize the fact that MALWARE is indicated based on the scans.

Also consider this: new14m3 is a NEW member here and may not be familiar with how we do things. To call her a spammer was totally uncalled for and baseless.

TO new14m3Please check your private messages. Just in case: there is an envelope icon on the top left hand corner of the page. If you see a number at that icon you have a new PM.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 September 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#10 new14m3

new14m3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

i have posted in the malware log forum, last friday but have no response as yet. My friend is visiting from tenn. n i am on his laptop. i was waiting for a response & directions b4 i plugged my desktop back in...

#11 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

Hello,

It can take some days before you get a reply.

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506940/not-spamfrom-internal-hardware-my-dds-logs/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possibleI advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.  Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users