Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help: Wifi Custom Login Page

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 abbas99

abbas99

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

Hello,

This is my first post at this forum. I am facing a problem and i need your help. I am runing a Internet service in my area through Routers. I have 40 users. I have SET WPA as security but now i wanted to make my connection more secure with a login page.

I mean when ever a user try to access my connection they have to login in by a username and password. 

I want to setup a custom html login page? or something else?

do i need to create a html page? i just have basic html knowledge. 

Please suggest me a proper way thank you in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

You will have to create what is called a captive portal. Not all routers support captive portals, but if they do that is how you will set them up. It will be a combination of software plus router configuration. Something like this or this should get you on the right track. That is one of my favorite suites to install. Here is a complete list of captive portals.

Chilispot is a good one as well, but it will require you to have knowledge of Radius Servers authentication and Web server configuration. Also you will want to have a dedicated PC that you will only use to HOST this software. Same goes for any software that you decide to go with.

Edited by chrisd87, 04 September 2013 - 07:07 AM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 abbas99

abbas99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

I will try this method thank you for suggestion!

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Anytime, please let us know the outcome.

#5 cparky

cparky

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

Why don't you add a dedicated firewall that could be linked to RADIUS or AD?  You could also limited connections to specific static IPs.

#6 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:22 AM

Why don't you add a dedicated firewall that could be linked to RADIUS or AD?  You could also limited connections to specific static IPs

A good firewall will work as well. You could create inbound and outbound rules to only allow access to certain areas based on the ip address, then just assign the users static ip address' Also you could create vlans on your network and segregrate different areas for different users. So many different options to take, but I would go with the captive portal route if it was me.

Edited by chrisd87, 05 September 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#7 EjDj118

EjDj118

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:11 PM

Hey! Its easy just create a unique webpage. Use Wix as it creates a private url e.g www.youremail12345.wix.com/yoursite. Then set the network to force new devices to that page. The use Wix Client to track the user. Then 2 secs later you will get an email asking if you want to accept the user. By Default (or if you ignore the net. The user will be allowed to access the internet and the network will always check if they are logged in. If however, the user already has a wix account and they log out on there device then your network will remove the device from the list and they will have to log back in. I hope this helped. I know it was long.

#8 saleemshahla

saleemshahla

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

Hello,

This is my first post at this forum. I am facing a problem and i need your help. I am runing a Internet service in my area through Routers. I have 40 users. I have SET WPA as security but now i wanted to make my connection more secure with a login page.

I mean when ever a user try to access my connection they have to login in by a username and password. 

I want to setup a custom html login page? or something else?

do i need to create a html page? i just have basic html knowledge. 

Please suggest me a proper way thank you in advance!

Dear , i have solution with mikrotik hotspot router , u r user can login with username and password, also u can control band width and connecting time ,, etc , for more details mail me -  ymksaleem@gmail.com

Edited by saleemshahla, 15 September 2016 - 01:30 PM.

#9 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:52 PM

Ubiquity unifi wireless will do this as well.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users