Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm an idiot...I fell for it! Hello! <3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kcckriggle4

kcckriggle4

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Hi, new family!  I am so embarrassed to say that I received a call from someone SAYING they were from Microsoft and as I tried to verify if they were for real, (and they did take me somewhere to show me some "key" that was a mix of letters and numbers on my DOS so I believed them after that), they took over my computer for about 30 seconds, but now I'm nervous about spyware/malware so here I am!

So glad I found you!

kcckriggle4

:bananas:  :busy:  :crazy:  :oopsign:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 996 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hey there kcckriggle4 and welcome to Bleeping Computer.  :welcome:

Don't stress too much about falling for that phone call...these things happen and if something is amiss, this is where you'll find the solution for any problem you are having.

Again, welcome aboard and we'll see you in the Forums.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#3 kcckriggle4

kcckriggle4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

Thanks, Winterland!  I feel confident...gonna check now and get going on this!  kcckriggle4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users