Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access denied on external hard drive.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 monz78

monz78

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

I posted this a few days ago and put it in the wrong section.

I have a windows 7 operating system and a Seagate 1gig external hard drive.

I ended up with the google redirecting virus which I have now cleared up. In the prosecc I reinstalled windows. Which locked me out of the hard drive. I went in and it still shows the owner as me but still couldn't get in. So I added everyone to the list and I can now get in but some of the files are still hidden. When I go in and try to take it back over as administrator it runs through the files I can see them being taken over and it says its successful. But when I try to view the hard drive it says access denied again.

At this point I'm at a loss.

Any help would be gratefull.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Hi,

Only a guess on my part but it sounds like the computer may have been cleaned but there's still some dirt in the external drive.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 monz78

monz78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

I've tried everything I can think of. There still a bunch of files that are hidden. When I take ownership back I can see them scroll through so I know there there. But one I take ownership I can't get in the drive at all. Theres go to be something I'm missing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users