Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Too many processes and slow IE performance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chaostoday

chaostoday

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I'm not sure where to post this issue and understand it may be moved.

I'm fairly sure that my system is clean of a virus or malware but will yield to the experts...

I have a Dell 1545 laptop running Win 7.

I'm having issues with slow start up and DL Autoruns to help with that but still have a slow start up.

The system currently has 68 running processes which I feel is too many.

IE runs and launches slow. Sometimes I have to click on links 3-4 times to make them work and others it just speeds right along. IE seems to hang a good bit and try to figure out what it's doing.

I am fairly sure the system is having issues with add-ons.

My computer will also just randomly go to sleep even when I'm typing or clicking on links. I then have to wake it back up or sometimes must re-boot.

I run McAfee total protection and Malwarebytes anti-malware. Both have recently been run and updated and I found nothing.

I have had these issues for months maybe a year or more and Dell's only recommendation was to re-install windows and all my programs.

I'm not sure if any new programs in the last year have affected the system.

I know this info is vague and I can provide more details as needed. I will subscribe to the thread and await further direction.

Thanks again for all the amazing work you do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

I suggest that you review the following:  Slow Computer-browser Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87058.html .

Louis

#3 chaostoday

chaostoday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Thank you,

I already have started reviewing some of the issues.

I have already viewed the Add-ons site and used the disk clean up. I am trying to go through each of the areas listed.

The one link to Its not always malware: How to fix the top 10 Internet Explorer issues and How and Why to Clear Your Cache goes directly to the Microsoft IE site and doesn't show anything the link says. Is there something I'm missing?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Microsoft will change/delete links quite often.

How To Fix...

How And Why To Clear Your Cache

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users