Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 Phone discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 8 Phone discussion thread (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Microsoft made a good leap for Smartphones?

1. Yes (10 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. No (4 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Do you like Windows 8 better than Android?

1. Yes (9 votes [64.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

2. Nope (5 votes [35.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

Do you think Windows 9 should be for smartphones?

1. Yes (7 votes [46.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

2. No,Windows should be for PCs only (6 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Both yes and no. Read my post (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

I'm very glad to post the first topic over this new sub-forum :D

So this is a discussion thread. What do you think,is Windows 8 a success or failure for Smartphones? recently,Nokia was bought by Microsoft. For me,Windows 8 isn't supposed to be a desktop OS,it was rather supposed to be a smartphone OS. For smartphones,it's better than Android in my honest opinion.

However,I think i'm the only one who appreciates Windows 8 for Smartphones. Post your opinion above,do you enjoy Windows 8 for Smartphones? Multi-choices are allowed for question number three for obvious reason. 

And I personally think Windows 8 is an eye-friendly OS as for Smartphones,it maybe not much as "show off" like Windows 7,but for Smartphones,it's pretty beautiful.  Will you buy Windows Phone 8?

Edit : Yes,it's on purpose,should Windows 9 be for smartphones.

Edited by LazyPotato, 03 September 2013 - 01:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Inprofile

Inprofile

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Nice start. The potato is now chips!

You might be right Grinler, not much call for a WMP forum for now and i noticed Tablets & Mobile Devices are not much better. Probably better getting rid of them and concentrating on what BC does best.

Malware removal & PC help.

There will be a time for a WMP subforum, under malware removal.................look at it's elder sibling. :wink:

#3 newkingjames

newkingjames

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

was reading here in the uk mirosoft has stopped HTC phones being sold, i was thinking now mircosoft have taken over Nokia will Nokia phones become the number one phone again like there used to now that mircosoft are behind them?

#4 roll

roll

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

Windows for phones makes me thinking about BSOD. Yeah, windows works greatly.

#5 panologic

panologic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:13 AM

Windows phones works great. Nokia Lumia series have given new place for Windows mobiles in the world of mobiles. Lumia picture quality is so nice. :)

#6 iPony

iPony

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

I've had my Nokia Lumia 900 for over a year now and I love it. No, the Windows Marketplace doesn't doesn't obtain s gazillion apps, but they have all the apps that I use on a regular basis. There are only a handful that I really wish Windows had. Of course, they also have apps that the others don't - like The Outsiders, and IloMilo. My phone only has 7.8, but I'm happy with it. :)

#7 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:48 AM

Any know when the Nokia Lumia 930 will be out in Canada?

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#8 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:05 AM

The only positive result I could find was that Expansys Canada has it available for pre-order: http://nokiaviews.com/lumia-930-now-available-for-pre-order-on-expansys-canada.html

As far as I could tell, no carrier has indicated that they will be selling it.

Edited by Casey_boy, 11 June 2014 - 05:05 AM.

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#9 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

Yeah. I learned that 930 (non-LTE) will not be carried in Canada but the 935 is. Thanks.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#10 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

I got a Lumia 925 through AT&T about a week ago, and I love it. It's my first smart phone, so I have nothing to compare it to really. I used to think of smart phones as some sort of hybrid computer/cell phone that you could make calls with or play games on, and I was never really looking for that.

Then, something made me look at the Lumia 920, which made me think of a smart phone as a camera you could make phone calls with (and play games, etc.), and all of a sudden the smart phone became appealing to me. I ended up going with the 925 because AT&T is phasing out the 920 and I couldn't find one.

#11 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

Can't wait for the Lumia 935. I just placed an order for the Lumia 1520. We'll see. :)

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users