Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer overheating

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheHunter159

TheHunter159

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Hi there guys!

I have a friend over the internet that I am willing to help him (he doesn't know English well). He told me he has his computer overheating and crashing every time he plays a game.

He told me he has no idea how to format a computer, it's pretty hard to explain it to him, it took 10 minutes for him to understand where to write "dxdiag"

His PC specs:

MotherBoard: MS-7519

Proccessor: Intel{R}core™2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz(4CPUs).~2.7GHz

Memory: 6142MB RAM

Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295

Screen: 1920x1200 (32bit)(60Hz) (I don't think it's important though)

-When he plays a game, between 10 minutes and 30 minutes his computer crashes and the back of his computer is really really hot.

-This problem occurs every time he plays a game, old and new games.

-He doesn't have any fans cooling down his computer, but he told me this problem started recently and he had no problems before, he bought this computer 3 years ago.

Computer has no dust inside: cleaned.

-I told him that I am pretty sure that the problem is that he has no fans so he said he gonna buy 1 or 2 to cool off his PC, I hope this will fix his overheating, but he still asked me to post a topic somewhere and ask since his computer is a lot better than mine, my PC has a CPU cooling fan and one general cooling fan though.

Any ideas? or you think that buying one or two computer fans will fix this problem for him.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by TheHunter159, 03 September 2013 - 11:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Hi, I would ask him where the computer is getting Hot on the back as a way to track down the culprit.

Is it possible that his Power supply fan is bad?

All Desktop computers have Fans

1. Power supply fan(s), I have seen from One to Three fans in power supplies.

2. CPU HeatSink Cooling Fan

3. In the case of his Video card it has a Fan(s) too.

Quite often the Video Card fan gets overlooked as it sits on the bottom of the card.

Laptops generally have One or more fans too. They are there to cool the CPU/GPU.

Good Luck

Roger

Edited by hamluis, 03 September 2013 - 12:43 PM.
Fixe4 typo - Hamluis.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users