Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pasting an address is not the same as what is copied

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

I have noticed when I copy the document information from a search page result and paste in in a note pad, . .  it is not exactly what I copied, for example, . .

the address under the title of the document ends with    .com/     but when I paste it to my notepad

I get .com/0, .  . however the last digit is not a zero nor the letter "o", it is a square looking symbol

that isn't on my keyboard that I know of, . . .

What is it, where does it come from ?

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FencaR

FencaR

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

I dont know its name, but I know where it comes from, it is when a character that is in a language or format that is not installed on your computer.

You can install additional languages under Region and Language > Change Keyboards, in control panel.

For example if you do not have Japanese or universal language pack installed that allows you to view characters, this will appear as a rectangle to you: 日本語尾はなしますか?

But if your having this problem with URLs then it should all be in a version of unicode*, something universally standard to all computers, so you may be in need of a repair, windows updates may help with this. 

Edited by FencaR, 03 September 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

I think your right it has something to do with languages, . . I have not installed anything on this OS however there are some Chines Language applications that remained on the drive(s) when I installed the OS, from a OS repair menu, etc.

I have seen this problem here before and I know that it interrupts me saving documents that it installs itself on , . . where it ask for special encoding choices when saving the document, etc.

In the past it has also somehow infected my mail where the mail was either unsendable or returned as undeliverable.

I am not sure how to fix this because apparently I uninstalled whatever language program may have existed to enable better memory and storage.

What  would I look for in W-Updates as my updates are automatic ?

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

#4 FencaR

FencaR

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

A new load of windows would probably be the best solution. You can download the ISO for your version of windows then burn it to a disc and re-install, completely wiping the drive while installing. That's a sure-fire fix.

(note: would be prudent to at least download the networking drivers from the manufacturers website and save it externally before doing this ;) )

If that is not an option, you can try downloading and installing Language packs, maybe starting with the English Version:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win7

(select your OS in the top right if not Windows 7)

Edited by FencaR, 03 September 2013 - 02:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users