Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2013 Mail applet error (Windows 7 64bit)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Kent

Bruce Kent

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

After uninstalling Office 2010, I downloaded and installed Office 2013 from Microsoftonline.com. The install went smoothly. But after the install was complete I tried to setup an mail account - using the Mail applet in control panel. But got the following popup error " Rundll32.exe - Application error. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000be) Click ok to close the application." I therefore cannot add an email account as this has to be done through the applet. I am running Windows7 64bit. I have tried both Office 2013(32bit) and Office 2013(64bit) but get the same result. I have used the "Fixit tool " from Microsoft to uninstall and re-install with no luck. I have googled the error and have had no luck in finding a solution. Has anybody experienced this issue and been able to resolve it?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Bruce Kent, 03 September 2013 - 06:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Wow you posted this topic in like 5 different forums... What method did you take to uninstall 2010? Seems like you may have some leftover traces possible in the registry.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 Bruce Kent

Bruce Kent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

Thanks for your reply

A bit of overkill posting in so many forums I suppose - just thought I may get an solution a bit quicker.

I used the Microsoft Fix-it uninstall tool to remove 2010. Still, have no solution for this......

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

Did you do the steps that was suggested in the last post here ? Also, can you try step 1 in this post to see if it will help any?

Edited by chrisd87, 05 September 2013 - 07:19 AM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#5 Bruce Kent

Bruce Kent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

I did use the Fixit tool to un-install all traces of 2010 - still had the same issues after installing Office 2013. I have not tried the other tip u mentioned (recovery CD etc). I will give that a bash and let u know. Thanks for your help....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users