Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows vista has crashed HELP ASAP

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tmckinnin

tmckinnin

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

Attached File  BTKQSYvCMAACo8y.jpg   38.72KB   2 downloads

Attached File  BS7P5HuIYAAldzj.jpg   91.01KB   2 downloads

I need help my sony vaio model PCG 7X1M has crashed and i have tried everything and nothing works as both screens are stuck and doesnt move, i cant seem to reboot windows nor reboot the BIOS battery as its on the motherboard which i cant get to also worred about my files what should i do

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

These instructions apply to both Windows Vista and Windows 7.

If your have a Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation disc start with step 2.

Step 1.  Create a Windows Vista or Windows 7 Recovery disc.

Download a legal Windows Vista Recovery ISO image here

Download a legal Windows 7 Recoverry ISO image here.

You will need to burn the ISO file to a CD or DVD, please downlaod ImgBurn and install it.

Insert a blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive.

Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc.

ImgBurn1_zps715cb1c2.png

Click on the Browse for a file icon:

ImgBurn2_zpsaea72ba9.png

Locate the ISO file, and click on the Open button.

Click on the blue arrow to start burning bootable disc.

imageburn11_zpse44f577b.png

Step 2.  Place the disc you created in the tray of your CD/DVD drive, close it and reboot the computer.  

Notice:  You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS to make the CD/DVD drive the first device.

At the first screen click on Repair your computer, this will run the repair porcess and try to make a repair.   

mbr1_zpsf211e4dc.png

When done you will be presented with the System Recovery Options dialog box,click on Next.

mbr2222_zps83e3f604.png

The next screen will be the System Recovery Options, select Command Prompt.

mbr3_zps77e59401.png

In the Command Prompt copy and paste or type chkdsk /r and then press Enter.  If you type this in please notice the space between chkdsk and /r.

To finish type Exit and press Enter.  Restart your computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 tmckinnin

tmckinnin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

how can i do this if rthe screens are stuck and sonyadvised me to tap F8 or F10 but that still doesnt allow me to do anything what else can i do

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

The disc you will make is a bootable disc.

All you need to be able to do is to power up the computer, open the optical drive tray, insert the disc, close it and restart the computer.

You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the device and the hdd the second.  This can be done without booting into Windows.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 tmckinnin

tmckinnin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

The disc you will make is a bootable disc.

All you need to be able to do is to power up the computer, open the optical drive tray, insert the disc, close it and restart the computer.

You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the device and the hdd the second.  This can be done without booting into Windows.

I cant really since i dont have a recover disk with me however if i buy it from ebay maybe better that way

but i think i may need to take it to a repair shop as i am at a dead end

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

I cant really since i dont have a recover disk with me however if i buy it from ebay maybe better that way

In the instructions I provided it states:

You don't need to purchase one, this will provide you with one which will only cost you your time.

Edited by dc3, 05 September 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#7 tmckinnin

tmckinnin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

In the instructions I provided it states:

You don't need to purchase one, this will provide you with one which will only cost you your time.

Again i cant boot up windows since its all crashed and press ign the F keys have done nothing

I will do the following take it to a repair shop and see what they say and i biught a recoverydisk off ebay for £1.50 so not bad

if worse comes to worse i may think HArd drive has died and failed

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Please read the instruction, you will see that the purpose of this is to create a bootable recovery disc which you can use to make repairs and run command prompts without booting into your Windows operating system.

You may need to boot into the BIOS to change the boot order so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order and the hdd the second device.  This does not involve booting into the operating system either.

In short, it does not matter if you can or can't boot into Windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users