Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus cm1855 questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xxjoker122

xxjoker122

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

I recently bought this about 9 months ago, and it runs the games i like to play on it fine.My main game is wow and since the system reqs are low i bought this. Now i want to start playing arma III, and maybe some other high end running games.My stock psu is 300watts which really gives me no room to upgrade with that said  i am going to upgrade my psu first, just wondering what psu would be good for this pc?  money is not an issue. Will a high power psu fry my motherboard??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,058 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

so many variables in this solution..

If it comes down to it, what is wrong with considering a whole new gaming platform (motherboard, cpu, gfx card ATX case etc.)

I definitely understand where you are coming from, i spent a few bucks on the upgrades to my machine. looking back, i wish i could have just done my homework and discovered a new platform instead of just spending a few bucks at a time for upgrades/band-aids on my wimpy p4 h/t xp32..

ok, now the PS issue, you definitley want to examine where your current PS is plugged into, i mean the big one, your motherboard.

Most modular PSs are capable of retrofitting with standard plugs. i guess the keyword here being modular.  Next thing is, what is your graphics card scenario? does it require an additional plug from PS? Most gaming cards do require one or two additional power plugs in the 6 pin or 8 pin category.

Truth is, your system could only be demanding 200 watts, and a 1500 watt PS would be fine if all the connectors are properly fitted to their end sockets..

I would recommend a Corsair 650 watt TX series in the $120 range, it will serve 90% of the needs of the gaming enthusiast.

Also, the new generation of PS has a bizarre intake fan configuration. just make sure the massive intake fan faces downwards .

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#3 xxjoker122

xxjoker122
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

My PS  has a 24 pin and a 4 pin, my graphics card is just in the slot with no plugs. I would like to save as much as i can considering this system was bought not to long ago, and i would feel bad never using it again considering it runs perfect.My main goal here is to reuse as much as i can and add on to increase performance.Sorry for the long reply just got back from vacation.

#4 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

Google Speccy, run the program, and post the results. It will give detailed information about your current rig and help give a better idea of what you're working with.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Publish A Snapshot Using Speccy

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users