Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Introduction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ummhasan

ummhasan

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hello All,

I'm new to the forums and found it recently while looking for a malware fix. I ended up spending a lot of time here since. The site is awsome and I'm loving it! There are some great helpers out there on this forum too, so I've decided to stick around.

I'm a 3rd year web development student but have been HTML/CSS coding for over 10 years - really! I'm an expert in that field but need to seriously work on the actual development (programming) side of things. I've learned Unix/Linux systems in my program as well as security, and usability in addition to the scripting and coding that goes with web development.

I've been parting and rebuilding computers for a long time as well. My mother is a senior programmer/analyist and is an expert at the dinasaur AS400 and EDI, she's been programming since I was born so computers were a part of my childhood and upbringing. However, I've never became what I would call an expert or had any formal trainning except for my Web development certificate and the BS program i'm currently in.

In fact, although I've taken apart, put together, repaired, installed all operating systems (including Ubuntu, Ubuntu server, and a full LAMP server), fix all my friends computers, and maintain a home network of 8 pc's and a laptop, as well as, my husbands 2 pc store, I still consider myself a novice!

Why? Because I've done a lot of different things, here and there, different pc's, different OS, different problems, etc - I've never concentrated on only one type of thing. But, recently, I've considered taking the COMP TIA A+ exam to see if I know enough to get myself certified.

Anyway, thats me - I welcome myself aboard the Bleeping Computer train!

(sorry for spelling errors - it's my biggest weakness!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

Welcome aboard!

#3 ummhasan

ummhasan
  • Topic Starter