Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win32.Downloader.gen found by spybot search and destroy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 psyxologos

psyxologos

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hi. I am having a similar problem with this poster. I run Malwarebytes Chameleon and Malwarebytes free but found nothing. Can someone please help? What can I do to get rid of this? Many thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 03 September 2013 - 05:32 AM.
No logs, moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

Please run Spybot-S&D as Administrator if you haven't already and see if that resolves the problem. It often does.

Spybot - Search & Destroy 2.0

Q: How can I get administrator rights under Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8?

A: Just right-click on the module’s icon you are about to run and select “Run as administrator”

Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2

On Windows Vista and Windows 7, Spybot - Search & Destroy might tell you that you are not authorized to perform some actions, since they require Administrator rights. You can solve this problem as follows:

1.Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu, instead of just left-clicking to start it.
2.Choose Run as administrator from the context menu.

~~Tashi at S S&D

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 psyxologos

psyxologos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

Many thanks. Following my initial post I run 'AdwCleaner' and 'Temp File Cleaner' and it seems to have done the job. When I run Spybot search and destroy now the log is clear, no more Win32.downloader.gen I noticed that after running these two a program ('myphoneExplorer') and a firefox toolbar I had installed a year ago (when the computer was new) stopped working.I have now re-installed both and so far no problems. I think they were 'collateral casualties' of whatever 'AdwCleaner' and 'Temp File Cleaner' removed...

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

Yes that appears to have been it.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users