Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Threat's detected using Avast free antivirus software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MissButter

MissButter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hello,

Let me start off by saying I am new to this forum (first post) and not technologically inclined AT ALL, but my new years resolution was to immerse myself in things that I do not fully understand so here I am :)

Alright... so my computer has been moving mega slow (start-up is slow, freezing when watching things online) so I initially ran a complete system scan using my free Avast Antivirus software, and sure enough threats were detected. I was prompted to run a 'boot-time scan' which is currently under way (i'm using my netbook to write this). I have been writing down some of the infections coming up and researching them for more details, and this forum is where I have ended up.

Some if the infections that are coming up are as follows:

-WIN32:PUP's (oneclickdown-A/searchprotect-A/installer-K)

-DLL error 42127 (CAB archive is corrupted)

-CAB error 42144 (OLE archive is corrupted)

-NSIS:oneclick-D [pup]

I would like assistance understanding ...

-what these infections are??

-How do I determine whether to repair vs. delete ??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Hello, the 2 PUPs(Potentially Unwanted Programs) can go.

These we need to know your Operating System an the full path to them.

-DLL error 42127 (CAB archive is corrupted)

-CAB error 42144 (OLE archive is corrupted)

Example:

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\_avast_\unp37475553.tmp|>wm10l\wmp.dll Error 42127 {CAB archive is corrupted.}

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users