Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Warning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 johngod

johngod

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Hello Everyone,

I just received this tablet from a friend and I'm having problems.

Its a Coby Kyros Android Model mid 7015............

When ever I try to go into FaceBook,  E-mail or the Web, I get this:

Security Warning, There are problems with the Security Certificate for this site.
The name of the site does not match the name on the certificate.

I did a restore back to factory settings, but didn't work.

I reset the time,day, date, month, year, etc. nothing.

Is there anyone that can help with this?

Thank-You,
johngod

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hello johngod

I doubt it has anything to do with spoofing. (EDIT; deleted banned members posts)

First go into the Advanced settings of the email account and make sure Accept All Certificates is checked.

It is also common when the website you are visiting (or when an app you are using tries to access a web server) discovers that your tablet's credentials and theirs do not match.

There's a good possibility your tablet’s time and date settings are wrong.

Go to Settings > Date & Time > and tap the option labeled Automatic to make sure the green check mark is removed. Then make sure the Date, Time, and Time Zone are all correct.

Should you see that error message again after these steps, just press the Continue option.

Or you may need to reset your Browser to defaults (within the Browser, select Menu > More > Settings > Reset to default).

Edited by boopme, 07 September 2013 - 08:39 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 johngod

johngod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

I tried the above methods to no avail.

I still get the Security Warning.

It Says now:

The name of the site does not match the name on the certificate.

Issued to:

Common name:           *.g.doubleclick.net

Don't know who this is.......

Edited by johngod, 06 September 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

The easy answer is to go into the Advanced settings of the email account and make sure Accept All Certificates is checked. If that isn't checked, check it and try again. If it is checked and it's still not working, try the following:

• Make sure your Android platform is fully up to date. If it isn't, update and try again.
  • Once you get to the point where the setup has connected to the server (but giving you the warning), you should be able to uncheck the Verify Certificate section in your incoming and outgoing settings.

Jack Wallen

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 johngod

johngod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Sorry but I didn't get any where.

Couldn't get into advance settings with e-mail.

Every time I hit the cancel key, the warning keeps popping up..........

Thanks Anyway for your help.....................

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

I will ask for help.

#7 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

couple things to try. First, try clicking continue when the message pops up-if you know its something you can trust, just click continue all the way until you get to the page you want, and then reset the browser (NOT the device) to defaults. Another thing to try is to go into the browser menu and go to setings, and make sure cookies are enabled/accepted.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#8 johngod

johngod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hello again,

I went into settings, than a thing called more, than back into setting,

and finally at the end was a icon that said if I want to disable the security setting,  

click on it which i did and it worked.

New problem:

My tablet is a Coby Android Kyros,Model #MID7015  Ser.#052110070735...

I went into Coby for updates, but Coby went out of business.

All I get is a white screen that says Coby, and nothing else.

Also I heard the tablet needs to be rooted, what ever that is.

Is there any way I can update this tablet to get it to work,

or any programs or material I need to install?

Thank-You,

Johngod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users