Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BAD_POOL_HEADER

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MartinFrost92

MartinFrost92

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Hello,

I'm a university student at the University of Southern Denmark, and this year they decided to update their online systems (where they put up notes, homework, papers, exams etc.) to a new version. Ever since they got this version, i haven't been able to access my blackboard for more than a couple of minutes before my PC shuts down and enters the infamous blue screen of death giving me the BAD_POOL_HEADER error. I know you probably don't have enough information to fix this, but please help, i can't finish my education without BlackBoard :/

Thanks in advance,

Martin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Have you communicated this situation to the university IT point of contact?

Louis

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Just to add, The BSOD bad pool header can point to different causes. What particular event when the computer goes to bluescreen?

http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x19

issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the most common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users