Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A bleepingcomputer logo I designed.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

What do you guys think? 1g38.jpg edit: fixed a spelling mistake in the logo.

Edited by GLaDOS, 02 September 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

Changed the green part a bit to make it easier to read 7nwq.jpg

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#3 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

I am sorry, but I definitely do not like it. Far too dark, drab and fuzzy.

A logo should be distinctive and appealing to the eye. It is a badge of honour that must be striking and attractive - have a WOW  factor. The examples are infinite, some good, some bad and some ugly. One of the best I have seen is the Firefox logo. OK, it is an icon shape, but the effect is dazzling and a similar attractive display could be done in a rectangular design.

Look forward to hearing what the staff think.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

I like it, its original, easy to read, catchy phrase.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

This idea seems ideal for the staff to take up and organise a competition to find a brand new BC logo. Allow enough time and incorporate a poll for members to vote their preference, possibly on a staff selected short list. Then when a logo comes out top, for the staff to approve it and make arrangements for the new logo to be introduced.

Online logo generator  sites are plentiful and should give the members fun in designing their logos.

Give the Forum a new attractive look for 2014.

Edited by yabbadoo, 02 September 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#6 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

This stab took about 4 minutes from scratch and I have never done this before. It is a doddle.

The variations are infinite. It was a free design procedure and download.

BCLOGO_zpsccfe1b5c.png

Edited by yabbadoo, 02 September 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#7 Allen

Allen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

This stab took about 4 minutes from scratch and I have never done this before. It is a doddle.

The variations are infinite. It was a free design procedure and download.

BCLOGO_zpsccfe1b5c.png

However they do not offer much customization as doing it yourself in programs such as photoshop which was what I designed this logo in

#8 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

ya, the logo creators leave much to be desired, that one for instance is extremely hard to read and is to bright. bit of an eyesore if you ask me yab. sorry

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

#9 Allen

Allen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

I just made a few changes to my original logo and made 2 new versions: version 1: cevf.jpg

Version 2: vftb.jpg

#10 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

time to crank up the CorelDraw.

wasn't there an official bumper sticker with a logo a few years back?

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#11 Allen

Allen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

time to crank up the CorelDraw.

wasn't there an official bumper sticker with a logo a few years back?

Not sure.

#12 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93734/interested-in-bc-bs/

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#13 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

ya, the logo creators leave much to be desired, that one for instance is extremely hard to read and is to bright. bit of an eyesore if you ask me yab. sorry

You are so generous and considerate in your comments, I am overwhelmed with emotion.

I have a revelation which you may possibly appreciate :-

It was only a shot in the dark, you know - a trial run - NOT an  entry for consideration as a treasured piece of artwork or subject to a judges tribunal.

The variations of design and colour are INFINITE. My "shot in the dark" example is only an  indication of what can be achieved in a few minutes. I am real sorry about making your eyes sore and will consider some nice pastel shades next time.

#14 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

I didnt say they wernt I just said it was an eyesore dont take it so personally lol.

picard5.jpg

#15 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

I didnt say they wernt I just said it was an eyesore dont take it so personally lol.

Don`t worry, I still love ya cos ya`re a real Redneck. We just have different tastes in literature and art. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so they say.

SMILEYLAUGH2_zps9e5426d5.gif

Edited by yabbadoo, 03 September 2013 - 09:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users