Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs don't open, only files from windows, extremely slow

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lauraconstanzag

lauraconstanzag

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Here is what happens, friday night I was using chrome as usual, and i get bored, so I wanted to see Breaking Bad and then I will go to bed, but when I close chrome and tried to open VLC media player, didn't work, gives me this error (sorry if it is in spanish, but i don't know how to traduce that, I'm from Colombia):

"No se pudo iniciar la aplicación; la configuración en paralelo no es correcta. Consulte el registro de eventos de la aplicación o use la herramienta sxstrace.exe de la línea de comandos para obtener más detalles". 

So I decide to restart my laptop. When I do that, I realized that it is EXTREMELY SLOW, like it took 20 minutes to reboot properly. And when I tried to open anything, ANYTHING, gives me the same error. I tried to open "sxstrace.exe" in the execute line, but it doesn't work, doesn't even appears in the task manager, even in the secure mode. Also i tried to run sfc /scannow but when it reaches 51% fails. I restore my laptop a month ago, but doesn't happen anything. In safe mode the only thing that works is CCleaner, so I erase the registry values, and clean the cache, and everything you can do in CCleaner, but nothing happens, doesn't work anything. Then I tried to follow the steps in this page: http://www.selectrealsecurity.com/malware-removal-guide Doing this http://www.selectrealsecurity.com/stop-malicious-processes
 and this http://www.selectrealsecurity.com/fix-programs . The only thing that work was Rkill (which I realized just now it is from this site), and did that thing of change the registry with the files in that page, and use CleanAutorun but the program failed and the problem persist, so I tried to move on with the Kaspersky TDSSKiller, but didn't open. No Malwarebytes, no AdwCleaner, no Avast, nothing, the only thing that works was the antivirus that cames with windows 7: windows Defender, in quick scan doesn't found anything, but in the complete scan takes about six hours and doesn't move on from the same group of files in the folder (sorry if I do not write it properly)
: C:/Windows/alphanumericthings-data(here comes an arrow, not a slash)-more alphanumericthings. 

I don't know what to do. I don't want to format my laptop since it is pretty much new, the warranty it is over (TOSHIBA Satellite Pro C840) and I don't have that amount of money to repare it directly with toshiba, also I don't have any cd of Windows 7 (64bits). I did everything in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help, but the DDS tool did not work, gives me the same error. So I will attach the .txt from Rkill run in safe mode if it helps. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rkill 2.6.1 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
Copyright 2008-2013 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:
 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

Program started at: 09/02/2013 10:52:49 AM in x64 mode. (Safe Mode)
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Basic Service Pack 1

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* No issues found.

Checking Windows Service Integrity: 

* Motor de filtrado de base (BFE) is not Running.
   Startup Type set to: Automatic

* Cliente DHCP (Dhcp) is not Running.

* Cliente DNS (Dnscache) is not Running.

* Sistema de eventos COM+ (EventSystem) is not Running.

* Firewall de Windows (MpsSvc) is not Running.

* Conexiones de red (Netman) is not Running.
   Startup Type set to: Manual

* Servicio Interfaz de almacenamiento en red (nsi) is not Running.

* Centro de seguridad (wscsvc) is not Running.
   Startup Type set to: Automatic (Delayed Start)

* Windows Update (wuauserv) is not Running.
   Startup Type set to: Automatic (Delayed Start)

* Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock (AFD) is not Running.
   Startup Type set to: System

* Controlador de autorización de Firewall de Windows (mpsdrv) is not Running.
   Startup Type set to: Manual

* NetBT (NetBT) is not Running.

* NSI proxy service driver. (nsiproxy) is not Running.

* Controlador de soporte TDI heredado NetIO (tdx) is not Running.

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures: 

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File: 

* HOSTS file entries found: 

127.0.0.1 3dns-1.adobe.com 3dns-2.adobe.com 3dns-3.adobe.com 3dns-4.adobe.com 3dns.adobe.com activate-sea.adobe.com activate-sjc0.adobe.com activate.adobe.com activate.wip.adobe.com activate.wip1.adobe.com activate.wip2.adobe.com activate.wip3.adobe.com activate.wip4.adobe.com adobe-dns-1.adobe.com adobe-dns-2.adobe.com 
  127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-3.adobe.com adobe-dns-4.adobe.com adobe-dns.adobe.com adobeereg.com crl.verisign.net ereg.adobe.com ereg.wip.adobe.com ereg.wip1.adobe.com ereg.wip2.adobe.com ereg.wip3.adobe.com ereg.wip4.adobe.com hl2rcv.adobe.com lm.licenses.adobe.com lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com na2m-pr.licenses.adobe.com 
  127.0.0.1 ood.opsource.net practivate.adobe practivate.adobe.com practivate.adobe.ipp practivate.adobe.newoa practivate.adobe.ntp wip.adobe.com wip1.adobe.com wip2.adobe.com wip3.adobe.com wip4.adobe.com wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com www.adobeereg.com www.wip.adobe.com www.wip1.adobe.com 
  127.0.0.1 www.wip2.adobe.com www.wip3.adobe.com www.wip4.adobe.com 

Program finished at: 09/02/2013 10:55:49 AM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 3 minute(s), and 0 seconds(s)

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lauraconstanzag

lauraconstanzag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Please, someone :(

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hello sorry you have waited... You need to repost your above info with a DDS log to fix it.
Please go here , do steps 6,7 and 8 ,Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.

Edited by boopme, 30 October 2014 - 07:07 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 lauraconstanzag

lauraconstanzag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

I tried, but the program doesn't run. 

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.

Please download OTL by OldTimer and save it to your Desktop.

• Close all other applications and windows so that you have nothing open.
  • Double click on the OTL icon on your desktop.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
    If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
  • Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
    Leave the remaining selections to the default settings.
    If using a 64-bit system, the option for "Include 64bit scans" should be auto-checked.
  • Click the Run Scan button.
  • Do not use the computer while the scan is in progress.
  • When the scan is complete, two log files will open in Notepad:
    • OTL.txt <- (will be maximized)
    • Extras.txt <- (will be minimized in the Task Bar).
  • Both logs are automatically saved to the Desktop.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of OTL.txt into a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here.
  • Also copy and paste the contents of Extras.Txt in your next reply as well. If the Extras.Txt log is too long, you may need to add it as an attachment.
  • Click the red X in the upper right corner to exit OTL.
  • Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run. If OTL did not work, then reply back here.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users