Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scammers locked me out of computer, now reqiure a password to open computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wahoo78

Wahoo78

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

How do I get my computer to open a clear problems

Edited by hamluis, 02 September 2013 - 09:59 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FencaR

FencaR

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

I've not had much luck fixing this one, occasionally it is possible to system restore, ie on vista or windows 7, crashing the system, then repeatedly pressing F8 on start to open the selection menu and select "Repair Computer", then restore to an earlier date. Works if the restore points exist, as the change appears to be a registry one that locks you out. On XP the only solution I've had is to format and reload the system.

Wondering as well if there has been any progress with this scam lock; it has been out for a few years now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users