Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

COMODO Firewall takes a while to start up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

Hey Guys,

I've still got this problem where COMODO firewall will take a while to start up some times. When it does this I cannot access the internet only Google and gmail. Nothing else. When it starts up it's fine. Also I have tried uninstalling COMODO and reinstalling and it just does it again. I do have AVAST but the firewall is disabled.

Any help?

Thanks.

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

Try adding Comodo's processes in list of Avast's exclusion tab

#3 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Why would this make a difference? Avast hasn't got an active firewall on

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

Maybe worth a read...::

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=118979.0

Regards,

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

< Avast hasn't got an active firewall on > True but other programs can conflict -

With Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, in many early versions you were advised to exclude your choice of Antivirus and Firewall programs, and this did include many free versions also.

For an example, this is shown in Section K of their FAQ

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138&page=1#entry417798

I am not aware of the urls or program settings for Comodo, but it may pay to ask this at the Comodo Forum. - Comodo Firewall, AntiVirus and Defense area.

I have linked the area that relates to  Internet Security, but you will need to join the forum to ask a specific question, just like you did here.

Other wise you would follow it from an avast! point of view, as linked by Condobloke -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users