Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adware and Spyware and the whole nine yards.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lumbajac24

Lumbajac24

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

So I was downloading a video file utility program tonight and managed to find one complete with a package of adware and spyware. Some of the things that were installed without my acknowledgment include: Sweetpack and IB updater service. I used advanced uninstaller pro to remove everything that got installed with the program, but after reading up on these files I realized they can be pretty serious. I just want to make sure I'm completely clean and no one knows how to do that like the guys here. Thanks for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Robert House

Robert House

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

Hi, I'm by no means an expert, but my next move would be to run (not knowing your operating system), the one program I really love.  AdwCleaner.  The last one that I used was a little more beefed up with options to select what you want to be sure to keep.  For me, it clears all the nasty's out very well, but, not sure why after a few weeks I'll see a couple file entries or a search that I didn't want to go to... I just run that AdwCleaner and I feel "sterile" again.  I think it's the best on the market to get rid of the tenacious critters that hide in dark crevices of the registry.  It's available for download from this site.  Just a sec, I'll put the link here if that's ok with the managers here.  Brb.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows/page/3/

Had to search for it. This is a terrific site. I hope that helps you. bye.

Edited by Robert House, 01 September 2013 - 03:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users