Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vista computer crashing 64 bit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zxjmonkey

zxjmonkey

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

hi everybody. each time i boot up minecraft or internet explorer the computer crashes. but when it boots up it says something about the display driver. so i uninstalled the display driver and reinstalled it and it has just continued the loop. and since this started acting up the screen has had very small but noticeable colorful stripes on some sections of the screen at specific times. like when booting up the dell logo appears and in random places around the the dell logo these stripes would appear. and its not just on boot up. i would tell you the specs but i cant boot it up now i know i have a ATI radeon hd 3450 graphics card and i thin the processor is intel dual core 3.0 Ghz  with 6gb of ram

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 zxjmonkey

zxjmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

it is a dell inspiron 5305 with windows vista 64 bit

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Just to be sure, this is a 5305, not the 530s?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps3c082bf1.png

Click on File, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click in the Reply to Topic box, then right click and then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users