Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Total Crash

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wannano

Wannano

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:05 AM

[size=7]
Here is my problem:

The entire computer has crashed and will not reboot. I tried to run the system recovery from the original installation disks and that also failed. A message pops up informing me that system recovery cannot initialize due to a partition problem.

Neither can I start the system in safe mode. The screen to boot up the computer in safe mode appears but when I click on any mode of running all I get is the windows start up screen with no start menu and no list of users.

I was hoping to be able to do something via a floppy disk on the a drive but haven't found anything to help along those lines.

Is anyone in this forum able to help with this problem? I was somehow able to run a dir check and all that popped up were two little files of no consequence.---just something to do with a system mechanic boot up disk I ran from the floppy a.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:09 PM

You need to tell us more about your system, who made it (manufacturer), what operating system it has, have you done all the critical updates and the problem it is experiencing.

We need the exact error message it is giving you.
Are all the fans running?

What anti-virus program are you running?

Have you changed or added any hardware or software (including updates and updating drivers) just before this began happening?

When you say, "System Recovery" are you talking about the Windows System Restore" wizard utility that will reset your system back to the state it was in a few days or weeks ago or are you talking about a manufacturer's System Restoration disk or partition that is designed to restore the computer's software and settings to the way it was in when it was new? These are two entirely different things.

Have you tried "Last Known Good Configuration" from the Safe Mode menu?

What exactly is your computer doing? Does it post the bios screen and reboot before Windows starts, or is it doing something else?

Edited by Enthusiast, 24 April 2006 - 12:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users