Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Performance issues with Incredimail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dfgeorge

dfgeorge

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

Hello,

My wife uses Incredimail 2.0 and has been having problems with it for about a year now with its performance. It takes a while to open up when it is started. Some e-mails take a while to open when selected (the size of the e-mail does not seem to make a difference). There is also sometimes an issue where the open window "shifts" back and forth when some e-mails are opened.

The laptop runs pretty decent when IM is closed, but the overall performance lags when the IM app is opened. The cooling fan speed does significantly increase when IM is in use. We don't believe we had these performance issues prior to my wife upgrading to IM 2.0.

I just worked with the Bleeping Computer malware group, and 'Gringo' did an outstanding job on ensuring that the laptop is malware free. So I am now suspecting Incredimail.

Any thoughts, tips or tricks regarding improving IncrediMail performance would be most appreciated...thanks!

Doug

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

Hello,

My wife uses Incredimail 2.0 and has been having problems with it for about a year now with its performance. It takes a while to open up when it is started. Some e-mails take a while to open when selected (the size of the e-mail does not seem to make a difference). There is also sometimes an issue where the open window "shifts" back and forth when some e-mails are opened.

The laptop runs pretty decent when IM is closed, but the overall performance lags when the IM app is opened. The cooling fan speed does significantly increase when IM is in use. We don't believe we had these performance issues prior to my wife upgrading to IM 2.0.

I just worked with the Bleeping Computer malware group, and 'Gringo' did an outstanding job on ensuring that the laptop is malware free. So I am now suspecting Incredimail.

Any thoughts, tips or tricks regarding improving IncrediMail performance would be most appreciated...thanks!

Doug

Have you tried contacting the Incredimail support folks? I cannot tell from their website if it is free or not.

My only other thought would be number of messages. How many email messages does your wife have? Thousands? Hundreds?

I suppose you could try uninstalling and re-installing, but you would first want to backup the messages (unless she is using an IMAP account and NOT local storage folders). Since I don't use Incredimail, I am not sure how to specifically do that.

#3 dfgeorge

dfgeorge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Thank you for your assistance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users