Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows live mail and Gmail

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 avwaggoner

avwaggoner

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

It seems ever since I changed my password in my gmail account, I cannot access my live mail account.  When I launch the program, windows live mail wants my username and password, I enter my gmail account information, and the username and password will not authenticate.  I was told to delete the account and start over.  I am still have the same issue.  any suggestions?  I also checked my mapi selections in gmail settings.

Edited by hamluis, 31 August 2013 - 12:41 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

It seems ever since I changed my password in my gmail account, I cannot access my live mail account.  When I launch the program, windows live mail wants my username and password, I enter my gmail account information, and the username and password will not authenticate.  I was told to delete the account and start over.  I am still have the same issue.  any suggestions?  I also checked my mapi selections in gmail settings.

Are you using Gmail's "two factor authentication/verification"?

#3 avwaggoner

avwaggoner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

How do I check this? 

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

How do I check this?

You will need to log into your Google account through a web browser and check your settings.

Of course, if you are using two factor authentication, then you will get codes send to your cell phone:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/180744?hl=en

So, if you are not getting any codes to your cell phone, then you likely don't have it setup...and it likely is something else.

#5 avwaggoner

avwaggoner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

If the two factor authentication is  used in conjunction with a cell phone, I am not using it.  I only changed my password in gmail and then I could not use windows live mail.  I did change the password in live mail too.  Yes, it must be something else.  thanks anyway for your help

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

If the two factor authentication is  used in conjunction with a cell phone, I am not using it.  I only changed my password in gmail and then I could not use windows live mail.  I did change the password in live mail too.  Yes, it must be something else.  thanks anyway for your help

Even though it seems like it would not be the case, I will still ask...are you 100% sure you entered the correct password?

Since it appears you have tried multiple times, I am guessing that you did. I only ask because I know that there are times where I am 100% sure I entered the correct password only to re-enter it again (this time slower) and have it work.

The only other thing that I could think of would be that you somehow also changed a setting for the Gmail account in Windows Live Mail when changing the password for the Gmail account. But since you said you deleted the account and re-created it, I suspect this is not the case. Regardless, I would suggest double checking the Gmail settings (i.e. incoming/outgoing servers and ports used).

#7 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

Make sure IMAP or POP *depending on which one you choose to use* access is enabled in Gmail.

http://email.about.com/od/accessinggmail/qt/et_gmail_imap.htm *IMAP*

http://email.about.com/od/accessinggmail/qt/How_to_Access_a_Gmail_Account_with_any_Email_Client_via_POP.htm *POP*

Edited by chrisd87, 17 September 2013 - 09:23 AM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users