Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from GA

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SpikeyMuscle

SpikeyMuscle

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hi,

Hello for GA, USA. My nickname is SpikeyMuscle (due to I life weights and have spiked hair) and I like to think of myself as a intermediate/advanced (but definitely not pro by any means) computer guy. I know just enough to be dangerous.  :radioactive:

I am new to the forums in hopes of solving the FBI scam / white screen virus that says "Please connect to internet" which prevents the user from using anything. I have already tried, Ctrl+Alt+Delete, running in safe mode and safe more with command prompt, but nothing has worked so far.

I came across this site, by searching google for assistance with the bug and after reading a bunch of posts, decided to take the plunge and paste my own report.txt for the boot-up scan in hopes someone can help me. I am sure I sound like everyone else when saying I need to get back in asap and there is important information on the computer, but it is true lol. I need to get back to work (yes unfortunately on a Saturday  :hysterical: )

I already posted my results under another area of the forum here, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506251/virus-please-connect-to-internet-white-screen-fbi-scam-300-thing/

I am greatly looking forward to a response and am greatly thankful for any help I am given. I hope we can resolve this quickly.

SpikeyMuscle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hello & :welcome: to BleepingComputers,enjoy your stay. You can post all of your issues at Am I Infected sub-forum

Edit : You did that,you shouldn't post your problems here,though,read the text near the "Start New Thread" button.

Edited by Jesus H. Christ, 31 August 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#3 SpikeyMuscle

SpikeyMuscle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hello Jesus. My apologies about that. :smash: I was just trying to explain the background about why I am here and also a little bit about me. I will make sure to keep all issues out of this thread. :)

#4 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

No problem Spiky,but just saying,I don't have any problem. But someone isn't gonna respond you here.

#5 SpikeyMuscle

SpikeyMuscle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

No problem Spiky,but just saying,I don't have any problem. But someone isn't gonna respond you here.

Got ya and noted. How often would you say people respond to those issues?

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

They always respond to those issues when they are posted in the correct forum.

You will not receive help with malware here in Introductions. Instead you would be directed to post in either Am I Infected? or directed to the Malware Removal Guide for Malware Removal Logs.

#7 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

As Queen_Evie said.

#8 SpikeyMuscle

SpikeyMuscle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

Isn't that what I did? That was the point of the link. Is that link in the wrong place? Either way, I got it resolved. Thanks for the warm introduction. I'll lurk around to see if there are any other helpful things to find here. :)

#9 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

Endless things are teaching & helpful here. Thx to Grinler,we also have a new Windows Phone discussion sub-forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users