Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to uninstall IE10

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nannie

Nannie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

Hi

I appear to have an incorrectly installed version of IE10 on my desktop (win 7 sp1) occasionally it tries to configure IE.

I need to uninstall and reinstall but can't find IE 10 either in CCleaner or Revo Uninstaller, I can't find it in Add/remove programs nor in Windows updates. It is obviously there somewhere because if I go to all programs and click on Internet Explorer it opens.

can someone advise please

many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

Download IE setup and re-install IE. Does it work? or does a system-restore point work?

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

It won't show up in Revo Uninstaller. No clue if it should be listed in CCCleaner.

When you went to Control Panel/Programs and Features did you click View Installed Updates on the left side of the screen?

IE 10, if installed, will be listed under Microsoft Windows. It should be listed as Windows Internet Explorer 10.

#4 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

It won't show up in Revo Uninstaller. No clue if it should be listed in CCCleaner.

When you went to Control Panel/Programs and Features did you click View Installed Updates on the left side of the screen?

IE 10, if installed, will be listed under Microsoft Windows. It should be listed as Windows Internet Explorer 10.

OP said they're unable to view IE over Windows' Updates.

#5 Nannie

Nannie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

Apologies, I found IE10 in updates, unfortunately there seems to have been 1001 updates ! am just uninstalling now x

#6 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

Shouldn't SP1 have only like 100 updates after a clean install?

I switched back from Ubuntu to Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 at 27 August,I had to install only 107 updates...unless you installed optional updates also.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

OP said they're unable to view IE over Windows' Updates.

I am well aware of the fact that he said he did not find it in Windows Updates. However, I have found that some people DON'T know where to look for it. I provide that information.

The OP did state he found it in Updates. What is unknown at this point is whether it was found as a result of my post.

We tend to focus on the complicated and forget about the basics. Sometimes it is prudent and necessary to go back to the basics and start over.

It's easy to overlook something in the list of installed updates.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 01 September 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#8 Nannie

Nannie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

Hi I did know where to look for the update but accidentally overlooked it first time, 1001 updates : - I was exaggerating Sorry :devil:

I'm a female as well  :P

thank you all, have IE9 back and working x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users