Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant download Amazon MP3 Downloader

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Auburntiger

Auburntiger

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hello everyone,

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this. If not, can someone move this topic for me please?

I recently tried ( numerous times ) to download Amazons MP3 Downloader on my computer ( its a Windows XP )... but it will only go so far and I get an error, stopping it from completing. Has anyone else encountered this? What can I do to get it to download?

Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: Moved topic from Programming to the more appropriate forum. ~bloopie

Edited by bloopie, 31 August 2013 - 10:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

What is the error message you're getting when the download stops?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Auburntiger

Auburntiger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hello Animal,

I just tried the download again, and this is what the error says...

Error opening file for writing:

C:/Documents and Settings/(username)/Local Settings/Applications Data/Program Files/Amazon/MP3

Downloader/AmazonMP3DownloaderHelper.exe

Click Abort to stop the installation,

Retry to try again, or

Ignore to skip this file.

I clicked retry, and the message popped up again. I click ignore and nothing happens.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

Do you have administrative rights to install? If so are you logged in as an administrator?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Auburntiger

Auburntiger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:30 AM

Yes. Its set as always on, as there is no need for seperate accounts.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hello, can we confirm this..

You may also be prompted to install Cloud Player for PC from MP3 Store "Thanks" order confirmation pages, or when selecting multiple songs to download from Cloud Player for Web. Click Download & Install (it’s free) to start the installation process.

We recommend using Cloud Player for PC to download albums or multiple items to PC computers. However, if you previously installed the Amazon MP3 Downloader on your PC, you can continue to use it instead. You'll see an option to “Use the Amazon MP3 Downloader" at the bottom of any Cloud Player for PC installation windows that open from the MP3 Store or Cloud Player for Web. Visit the Amazon MP3 Downloader installation page for additional information and troubleshooting.

The file system structure on the disk may be corrupt .
Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume OS.

Please run chkdsk /r and sfc /scannow
Click on the Start orb startorb_zps06e1f985.png , type in cmd in the Search programs and files box. When cmd is seen in Programs right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.
You will see a screen similar to the one below.
Screenshot2.jpg

Type in chkdsk c:/r then press Enter.
You will receieve the message "CHKDSK cannot be run because it is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? <Y/N>".
Type in Y and press Enter.
Restart your computer to start the scan.
This will take a while to run, please be patient and allow it to complete the scan.
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
Click on the Start orb startorb_zps06e1f985.png, the type in cmd in the Search programs and files.
cmd will appear in Programs above, right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.
A page similar to the one below will open.
Screenshot2.jpg
Type in sfc /scannow and then press Enter to start the scan.

Edited by boopme, 01 September 2013 - 03:20 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users