Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gorilla Price

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 M Tuggle

M Tuggle

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

Help!!! I’ve been infected by something called Gorilla Price??? I’ve run every scan I know to run and then some and nothing is removing it. How do I get this thing off my computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 13,006 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Gorilla Pricing may be listed in your Add/ Remove. If it is, open your Task Manager and kill its process(es) from running

and then run the uninstaller. It will likely show up as an add-on in each browser you have installed. Disable or Remove

from the browser(s).

If this isn't a new piece of adware/ crapware you should be able to remove it using one of the programs below.

AdwCleaner Download

Junkware Removal Tool Download

Run an online scan using the Free ESET Online Antivirus Scanner

After removal, clean up your computer using Ccleaner and Super Antispyware Free. Be sure to UNcheck the install of

Yahoo Toolbar or other during install of Ccleaner. No need to use the Registry Cleaner in Ccleaner.

SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware!

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 M Tuggle

M Tuggle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

thanks, but no luck the scans did not pick it up. when I try to remove/uninstall it it takes me online and wants me to down load the uninstaller (which I know is not a good thing). when I try to remove it manually it wont let me. any other tips?

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 13,006 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

Try the Revo uninstaller. Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall, Leftovers Uninstaller

Did you use the Eset online scanner? It finds and removes many of these type of programs.

EDIT: You may need to get that online uninstaller if Revo doesn't find and remove. Once you have uninstalled, do this:

Google Chrome:

Open Google Chrome -> click Wrench Icon -> Settings -> Manage Search Engines -> Remove GorillaPrice and other unnecessary entries from the list and make a certain search engine as default search engine

Mozilla Firefox:

Open Mozilla Firefox -> go Tools -> Magnify Glass or Arrow icon -> Manage Search Engines -> Remove unnecessary Search Engines from the list, make Google or other search engine as your default; Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’ and find GorillaPrice, and click ‘Uninstall’.

Internet Explorer:

Open IE -> go Tools -> Manage Add-ons -> Search Providers -> Remove unnecessary GorillaPrice and make a certain engine as default; Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’. Here, look for GorillaPrice and click 'uninstall'.

Edited by buddy215, 31 August 2013 - 08:55 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 M Tuggle

M Tuggle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Thanks!!! I did use the Eset scanner, it did not find any thing! but the revo uninstaller removed it ( I think, its not there anymore!) and the fan/cpu stopped running like a mad man....

so I'm hopeful that it is gone! thanks for the help. any other things I should do or check that you can think of?

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 13,006 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

I edited my last post. Follow the directions there for resetting search engines, home pages and removing any related add-ons.

Be sure to use the Ccleaner and Super Antispyware which will remove any ad/ tracking cookies from all browsers and flash.

Glad Revo worked!

#7 M Tuggle

M Tuggle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

Thanks ran the cleaner and super antispyware, everything seems ok but the fan has keeps kicking on and off  again at a high rate?

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 13,006 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

You can use Speed Fan to monitor the temps and it also has the ability to control some fan speeds.

You should also open the comp up and clean it out. Pay particular attention to dirt beneath processor fan

and the video card fan if it has one. Dirty fan blades and clogged vents can be a problem, too.

SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

#9 M Tuggle

M Tuggle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

Thank you so much!

#10 Ads20000

Ads20000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

I tried to use Revo but I get the following error after trying to run any installer after downloading it in Chrome: The setup files are corrupted, please get a new copy of the program. (IE's downloads get interrupted)

#11 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

@ Ads20000 -

Please start a New Topic as your problems may not be related.

Each Operating System must be looked at on a One on One situation.

#12 Ads20000

Ads20000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

It was another virus which I removed and then I could get rid of Gorilla Price. Thanks for the help anyway :) (Revo worked)

Edited by Ads20000, 02 February 2014 - 02:35 AM.

#13 deathpenalty4hackers

deathpenalty4hackers

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:31 AM

I tried getting this thing off my system (cheaply) for months. Tried all the uninstall/registry/browser extension methods I researched on the Internet, and several free malware removal programs, but task manager always showed it as still running, and unwelcome browser windows would pop up with GorillaPrice's garbage no matter what I tried.  Hitman Pro 64-bit finally worked for me.  It's free for 30 days.  Do an Internet search to find the latest version.  It completely got rid of GorillaPrice, and my task manager (finally) no longer displays it.  This program detected a lot more secret executables I had no idea were running as well and gave me the option to delete, quarantine, or repair Hitman Pro's perceived threats.  Wish I would have stumbled upon this about 4 months ago.  I'm an insurance industry claim processor and have no affiliation with Hitman Pro.  Just want to pass along potentially useful info and defy the derelicts who come up with malware.  

#14 jsand419

jsand419

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:03 PM

I removed the executable from c:/program files(x86)/windows media player/grillaprice by looking at the file location of the process (that kept restarting when stopped). Then I ran windows in safe mode, to avoid the process running again, and deleted the executable. I'm not sure if there were any changes made to the registry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users