Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Internet Security 2006

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 keewan

keewan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:48 AM

After purchasing this software yesterday and downloading it on my home pc I find that Internet Explorer can no longer access web pages. My Outlook works fine though. If I turn off the new software access is restored. I'm sure it is something very simple but am rather computer illiterate. I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:02 PM

Have you activated the software?
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#3 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:34 AM

Norton I.S Suite 2006,has many installing problems associated with it sadly. If you previously had a Norton Product already installed on your PC,then some Norton Products clash with each other making them redundant. My advice is to visit the Symantec (Norton) web site, there will be sections on there helping you to find the correct solution. :thumbsup:
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#4 Roniez

Roniez

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:06 AM

The problem can occur on any type of norton when doing liveupdate.

Just go in to ur personal firewall, disable it for 30mins
click on configure and go to program control (know as Program)

And look for svchost.exe and Microsoft Internet Explorer and change that access to "Allow all" it can say Blocked or Automatic.

Then change it as i said, and it should work fine,

Otherwise u can try this file
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_...06/ISRlRstr.exe
it Restore the Firewall Rules back to default.

Edited by Saitzu, 04 July 2006 - 06:06 AM.

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:50 PM

I use Norton Internet Security 2006 on another computer of mine and I had issues with web pages. I'd be able to get some and not to others at random. You must disable the firewall as Saitzu suggested. Also, check for other firewalls blocking, I didn't realize it at the time and I had a firewall on my DSL modem, my Netgear router, AND N.I.S. 2006 going at once. I had to disable all but one so I left the one on the router going and everything has been perfect since.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users